Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Thanks. SWMBO needed to know. She loves it.

Here's something to take care of that:p.
Hand Forged nakiri in 01 steel. End grain bocote cutting board going to a charity auction in a few weeks.

RSUOFS2.jpg
Came out great, Scooter!!
Somebody is going to score big time at the auction!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Real generous (As usual) of you.

Came out great, Scooter!!
Somebody is going to score big time at the auction!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Real generous (As usual) of you.
Thanks Dennis, this one was fun to do. I did a differential HT on the Nakiri and it got shaving sharp!

That's some nice work all around Scott! Bocote has the nicest endgrain and that knife looks great.

Anyone know what this is? Found it while cleaning out some old boxes. Made of glass. It looks familiar but before I toss it I want to make sure it's trash.

Attachments

• IMG_20170928_155512.jpg
    IMG_20170928_155512.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20170928_155533.jpg
    IMG_20170928_155533.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 8
Anyone know what this is? Found it while cleaning out some old boxes. Made of glass. It looks familiar but before I toss it I want to make sure it's trash.

Looks like a lens for a light but the only green ones I recall seeing are on the starboard bow of a boat or on rail road signaling lamps. Looks a bit small for a RR lamp.

A boat! That is probably it. You would think after 7 yrs in the Coast Guard I would have recognized it.

My dad was a big RR collector and maybe that is where I saw it before but I am with you thinking the size is not right.

A boat! That is probably it. You would think after 7 yrs in the Coast Guard I would have recognized it.

My dad was a big RR collector and maybe that is where I saw it before but I am with you thinking the size is not right.
My biggest regret is in not joining the USCG.
Thank you for your service. I'm jealous as hell.

Thanks. I had the easy life, wasn't much going on in the world during my tour (90-97). My youngest son is in the Air Force now and we always banter back and forth about the services. He says I was I life guard and I call him the Chair force lol. It's all good and proud of him.

I still dream about going out on the 47' boats here on the coast. Those guys are nuts and I think I would have fit in well.

Got out before the 47' hit the field. We had the 44' that was a big rolly pig. She could do anything but Ive only known one person not to get green on one. They could make a fish queezy.

I've heard that about the 44s. I see the 47s all the time out here and haven't heard a bad word about them. I often watch them towing crab boats in. We have one of the 52s here, too. I love the looks of her but I'm betting she rolls like the 44s.
c3cbedf2d79959048a777ac48e1f7d0a.jpg

I would love to take a ride on one of them!

I think those are aluminum. The 44' were steel and constant maintenance. But they were tough. The Inlet in Barnegat Light NJ could get rough and they would plow through. We would have to go do an engine room check every hour or so and I will never forget the smell of diesel fuel and antifreeze mixed with a pitching and rolling motion of the boat. Fun times to remember but they sucked at the time lol.

I think those are aluminum. The 44' were steel and constant maintenance. But they were tough. The Inlet in Barnegat Light NJ could get rough and they would plow through. We would have to go do an engine room check every hour or so and I will never forget the smell of diesel fuel, puke and antifreeze mixed with a pitching and rolling motion of the boat. Fun times to remember but they sucked at the time lol.
Fixed it for ya.

I'm a landlubber, Tim's my go to for boat questions like, ...what the hell is a keel and what do you haul with it?!

Back