Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

If it wasnt for bad luck Arrrh:mad:. I'm delivering this to a charity auction on Monday and finally finished this up today, got last coat of oil on, sharpened and polished the blade, went to put the rubber feet on and knocked it over into the miter gauge on the table saw. Several nice dents in the top. I was able to steam most of them out but they are a bit noticeable, at least I know they're there.

CS Cutting Board.jpg

If it wasnt for bad luck Arrrh:mad:. I'm delivering this to a charity auction on Monday and finally finished this up today, got last coat of oil on, sharpened and polished the blade, went to put the rubber feet on and knocked it over into the miter gauge on the table saw. Several nice dents in the top. I was able to steam most of them out but they are a bit noticeable, at least I know they're there.

View attachment 784810
Tiny dents or not, that is freaking beautiful.

You made that? Wow, nice work! Will heated oil help with the scratches?
Yes Thanks Sheldon, no heated oil will expand the glue joints, I took an old rag soaked in water and heated a pice of steel and pressed it into the rag. The steam expands the wood and evaporates where the oil stays in the wood.
Tiny dents or not, that is freaking beautiful.
Thanks Mack just pissed me off a bit as the last thing I do screws it up o_O

Yes Thanks Sheldon, no heated oil will expand the glue joints, I took an old rag soaked in water and heated a pice of steel and pressed it into the rag. The steam expands the wood and evaporates where the oil stays in the wood.
Thanks Mack just pissed me off a bit as the last thing I do screws it up o_O
If it didn't piss you off you would be worthless as a craftsman. You aren't going to do that again. Trust me on this.

If it didn't piss you off you would be worthless as a craftsman. You aren't going to do that again. Trust me on this.
Well put Mack, you're damn right i won't do that again. ;)

That looks awesome, the Bocote Saya is a sweet touch.

Mackfucious say, "He that lose eye, keep other forever!"

Thanks Johnny I was smart enough to put a small rare earth magnet in the Bocote to keep it from falling out when upside down.

View attachment 784810
Still such a beautiful set! I bet the lucky winner won't mind so much!

Cool idea on the steam! I'll write that one down for future "oh-craps"!!

Looks great. I'm sure no one will notice any "dents" but I know how it is..once you see something you messed up you can never un-see it. But to the rest of us it's beautiful work.

Thanks Tim, if it would have happened before I oiled it I could have run it through the drum sander. I still would be pissed but would have been no biggee. After like five or six coats of oil that's outta the question. Hopefully it will fetch a decent buck for the organization.

Only got to use it to open some boxes (clear packing tape) at the office. Remember the old fiberglass reinforced packing tape? Now that was worthy of cutting with a great knife;):p. This new stuff is cut by most people with a key. Sad.

I'm fondling my Corsair as we speak, what a friggin' great knife! I'd like to hear more about John's sharpening technique, cuz this 'lil pup is a razor! :thumbsup:

Was in the big city today and saw this. I know there are some car gurus out there. Any idea what this is?

20171120_191057-1882x860.jpg 20171120_191010-2693x1864.jpg

Looks like an El Camino and Ford Probe got together and had an illegitimate love car?

Back