Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

If those files don't work out as planned, some knife manglers make knives from files... ;)

Oh man, seriously? Welcome to the 14th century, Tim; magic wands are where it's at...

230e49ffd0916329b183ed306f9795b2fa0a8c6026a1a123f04d156608844741.jpg

This entry into the Best Hunting Knife thread got me thinking.
Since thinking is something I do very little of, it is extremely painful, I hope I don't need to explain my thoughts.
orig.jpg

That is an awesome set, he does amazing work.

I brought up the idea to Cooper about designing a two blade "field dress" set not long ago. Need to revisit that especially since the model 2 will be a bullnose.... I think a bullnose paired with a slim clip point would be a great combo.

My exact thought yesterday when I saw that photo was that the Bullnose from Redmeadow (as discussed :rolleyes:) would be exceptional paired with a matching version of #1 on the bottom right. That was - in fact - my exact thought :thumbsup:.

I wondered also how small a diameter John would want to go for a stacked leather handle.

Amazing isn't it :cool: I'm sitting here in wonder even as I write :).

Hope that helps Mack - or - sorry if I don't know what the hell you are thinking.
Either way - I like the way you think.

Ray

Another thought while looking through the Best Hunting Knife thread was that I much prefer the clean elegant line and form of John's recent knives to the super charged & souped up versions of some of the knives in that thread. Yes, some of those are elegant, tour de force handwork but they step out from being "hunting knives" into being strictly presentation pieces. Besides which, I'm not a big fan of "damascus" blades.

OOPS - getting too serious and opinionated :(. OK 'nuff said.

EXCEPT :D - that a "best hunting knife" thread would be exceptionally cool if it showed hunting knives before and after use in the field - serving their purpose and still being pretty to behold.

Cheers, Ray

I'm picturing a matched set. One of each of the number 1s, a number 2 and a long, slim upswept persian boning knife.

That is an awesome set, he does amazing work.

I brought up the idea to Cooper about designing a two blade "field dress" set not long ago. Need to revisit that especially since the model 2 will be a bullnose.... I think a bullnose paired with a slim clip point would be a great combo.

I've been thinking about it. I'm home for the holidays now, but I will try to get something on paper when I go home.

I prefer a drop point knife for field dressing very much like your Model 1, but I have been thinking about a slim, bullnose/nessmuck style knife for skinning.

I'm picturing a matched set. One of each of the number 1s, a number 2 and a long, slim upswept persian boning knife.
A 5 piece set,?:eek: Could be epic but let's start with a functional two piece.

Back