Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

^ Same in mid-coast Maine :confused: Just might need to move to Montanna for some sensible weather. I can take cold and bitter better than hot and fritter. :thumbsup: (Yup - I made that up for the rhyme - fritter meaning deep fried. :))

Stay cool.

Ray

^ Same in mid-coast Maine :confused: Just might need to move to Montanna for some sensible weather. I can take cold and bitter better than hot and fritter. :thumbsup: (Yup - I made that up for the rhyme - fritter meaning deep fried. :))

Stay cool.

Ray
My parents just went through your neighborhood. They decided to visit their relatives, probably the last big trip they'll take, and drove from SoCal to Portland to get on The Cat to Yarmouth NS.
At 85 years old I'm pretty proud of my dad still being able to drive a camper cross country.

My parents just went through your neighborhood. They decided to visit their relatives, probably the last big trip they'll take, and drove from SoCal to Portland to get on The Cat to Yarmouth NS.
At 85 years old I'm pretty proud of my dad still being able to drive a camper cross country.

Yes sir, that's quite a feat for an 85 year dude or dudette - in a Lexus let alone a camper. I hope they went easy on the RUM riding the CAT. There's been some wild times reported on that little cruiser :)

Cheers, Ray

I've not had the pleasure of taking The Cat. My last time there was on the Bluenose from Bah Hawba to Yarmouth in '76. I had a blast but the weather was rough snd everyone else got sea sick.

Yesterday: "First day of Kindergarten tomorrow"
B000SW4E02_RaisingArizona_UXFX1._RI_SX940_.jpg

On the way to school:
randall-cobb.jpg

The Drop off:
527f42b2e658f0b6088345a635b3f70fc8ad9123.jpg

The ride home:
IMG_20180828_093649.jpg
The day:
raising-arizona.jpg

download (1).jpeg
200w.webp

YIa.gif

MxIu.gif

Pick up:
0f073ca2a810ac046eeba37198f1b1e4.jpg
ra-warthog.jpg

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3
  • download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've not had the pleasure of taking The Cat. My last time there was on the Bluenose from Bah Hawba to Yarmouth in '76. I had a blast but the weather was rough snd everyone else got sea sick.

Me too - on the Bluenose 1970, I believe. Was a great night out but no reason to go that far for a boat ride these days.

My back yard. (Must qualify this statement - We actually live on the global warming side of the road. Fortunate to have a good friend who, in fact, has the backyard in the photo. She is generous enough to invite us to use one of her moorings for our little boat. Maybe in another 200 years our property taxes will go up because we have shore front. :( I guess we will worry about that then. :))

Heading out to Monhegan Island in a few weeks - The Monhegan Art Museum is celebrating their 50th year with a spectacular collection of FINEST KIND ART, so we will go on someone else's boat that day.:)

Stop in and visit - if any of you are in coming this way.

R

Last edited:
Glad I shrunk down your mug shot huh? Don't want to encourage too much of that way of thinking. o_O

At least you are raising him to tell the truth - er, I mean - to think for himself. :D

Ray

Out of the mouths of babes right?:D
At 6'1" 225lbs, I could stand to drop a few pounds!

Pecs or Moobs? My boy may be right, dad is a fat man! How did this happen!!:D

I rarely post pictures of myself, guess I should get over that, it's not like any of us have any privacy anyways. It is good to put a face to a name, even if it's an ugly mug.

I didn't think about taking pictures with anyone at Blade until Vegas forge asked me if I would take their picture with Neil Kamimura, I said sure, if I can get one too. Spoke briefly with him later, interesting guy.
20181005_134245-02.jpeg

Me and the incredible Bill Ruple, one of the nicest guys I think I've ever met. After a good conversation I shamelessly asked him "Mr. Ruple, could I get a picture with you?" He said "As long as you call me Bill from now on".
20181005_145735-03.jpeg

Day 2 at Blade with my good friend and knifemaker Chance Keller (@Knife1987) Us trying to get a selfie was comical. Not sure if he wants his mug out there so I'll block it out:eek:
20181006_115358-01.jpeg

Back