Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

I'm so perplexed.

Probably an unusual post for me but, I'm watching Knife or Death on History ( a bit cheesy but knifey so I watch it) and my wife is in the bedroom watching a show that she likes.

She comes downstairs to get her tablet, walks across the room, right in front of me and she is wearing my new, unused, pristine, soon to be priceless collectors item, Redmeadow t-shirt with nothing under it! o_O:eek::):mad:;):cool:.

I'm so perplexed.

Probably an unusual post for me but, I'm watching Knife or Death on History ( a bit cheesy but knifey so I watch it) and my wife is in the bedroom watching a show that she likes.

She comes downstairs to get her tablet, walks across the room, right in front of me and she is wearing my new, unused, pristine, soon to be priceless collectors item, Redmeadow t-shirt with nothing under it! o_O:eek::):mad:;):cool:.
I'm betting something cheesy and knifey is about to happen. ;)

Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives Here is a piece of the curly maple I used on a Japanese Chef this weekend!
z3lYxny.jpg

Last edited:
Festool & Watco - this could be my shop (not the FEQ125 though - lots of others).
Nice looking handle :thumbsup:

Ray

Festool & Watco - this could be my shop (not the FEQ125 though - lots of others).
Nice looking handle :thumbsup:

Ray
Thanks Ray & Dennis, I love the FEQ125 no dust and great sand lines. Expensive but worth it! ;)

Looking forward to it Scott, that stuff looks great! This week is gonna be like Christmas!

I genuinely consider myself fortunate. What I should be calling Clients, I can call friends. Thanks for putting up with me, and supporting things at Redmeadow.

From letters to boxes of goodies, you guys are the best.

Mail Call:
I'm gonna dime out mitch4ging mitch4ging for sending me this incredible set of Giraffe bone scales. After getting these in hand, they definitely call for something above and beyond ....dagger? .... frame handle?... not sure but they've got the wheels turning, pics do them zero justice. Thank you Dennis.
20181031_162008-01.jpeg

Diming out SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak for sending this block of Honduran Mahogany. There is some chatoyance in there, a really nice piece of wood. Thanks Jared, you didn't have to do that and I appreciate it (our evil plot is on like Donkey Kong by the way, mwuhahahahahaha, shhhhhh).
20181031_162038-01.jpeg

Another package is on it's way tomorrow, I'll be dining that guy out too;)

Looks great Scott, love that Montucky Blackwood! I need to get another block your way!

Those are sweet John! Way to go Dennis. I just opened my package from Jared, the mahogany has the grey matter turning as well it's absolutely stunning! I couldn't have said it any better John, you guys are the absolute best!

I genuinely consider myself fortunate. What I should be calling Clients, I can call friends. Thanks for putting up with me, and supporting things at Redmeadow.

Mail Call:
I'm gonna dime out mitch4ging mitch4ging for sending me this incredible set of Giraffe bone scales. After getting these in hand, they definitely call for something above and beyond ....dagger? .... frame handle?... not sure but they've got the wheels turning, pics do them zero justice. Thank you Dennis.
View attachment 1012569

Diming out SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak for sending this block of Honduran Mahogany. There is some chatoyance in there, a really nice piece of wood. Thanks Jared, you didn't have to do that and I appreciate it (our evil plot is on like Donkey Kong by the way, mwuhahahahahaha, shhhhhh).
View attachment 1012570

Looks great Scott, love that Montucky Blackwood! I need to get another block your way!
Thanks John, sorry :oops: I meant to put that in the Purple thread, you being a mod can move it over there. :)

Hmmm - stacked giraffe bone with honduras mahogany accents - that could be veeeery interesting ;)

Yup - you got yourself a good group of fellows here in the Redmeadow :thumbsup:

Ray

Evening boys, finishing up another Guyto Chef in Blue steel, need to clean and wet sand the blade to 1000, make a Saya and shorten the handle a bit. Curly Maple, Montana Blackwood and Bocote.
UFTcOOe.jpg
Another masterpiece. I need to restock my bank account then you and I need to talk.

Mail Call:
View attachment 1012569

View attachment 1012570

Those are sweet John! Way to go Dennis. I just opened my package from Jared, the mahogany has the grey matter turning as well it's absolutely stunning! I couldn't have said it any better John, you guys are the absolute best!

I hope you guys can find some good use for that Mahogany! It polishes up beautifully, and does have a ton of chatoyance after oiled/finished, especially in naturally light. No major figuring like the curly Maple, but a gorgeous natural reddish brown hue, with nice depth. I always figured I'd do something with it one day, but if I haven't after darn near 20 years, I probably never will. The stuff is rare these days, and deserves better than I can give it. It's in good hands! :)

These guys are the best!!! :cool: I received this stunning cutting board from Scott today:

IMG_3243.jpg

Pictures do NOT do it any justice!!! :eek: :cool: I wasn't able to get any photos of it in the natural light today with the Halloween festivities with the kids, but I will in the next few days. Scott also noticed I had asked about his CAO cigars in another thread, wanting to try them sometime, and threw a couple in the package! :cool: :thumbsup: (And in my state of shock after seeing the cutting board, I almost missed them! :confused:)

IMG_3244.jpg

I can't wait to try them!!! I really wanted to smoke one tonight while out trick-or-treating with the kids, but the wife gave me "the look" when I suggested that I might. :oops: They smell wonderful!!! Definitely trying one sometime before the end of this weekend! :D

Buncha great guys hanging around here! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hope you guys can find some good use for that Mahogany! It polishes up beautifully, and does have a ton of chatoyance after oiled/finished, especially in naturally light. No major figuring like the curly Maple, but a gorgeous natural reddish brown hue, with nice depth. I always figured I'd do something with it one day, but if I haven't after darn near 20 years, I probably never will. The stuff is rare these days, and deserves better than I can give it. It's in good hands! :)

These guys are the best!!! :cool: I received this stunning cutting board from Scott today:

View attachment 1012714

Pictures do NOT do it any justice!!! :eek: :cool: I wasn't able to get any photos of it in the natural light today with the Halloween festivities with the kids, but I will in the next few days. Scott also noticed I had asked about his CAO cigars in another thread, wanting to try them sometime, and threw a couple in the package! :cool: :thumbsup: (And in my state of shock after seeing the cutting board, I almost missed them! :confused:)

View attachment 1012715

I can't wait to try them!!! I really wanted to smoke one tonight while out trick-or-treating with the kids, but the wife gave me "the look" when I suggested that I might. :oops: They smell wonderful!!! Definitely trying one sometime before the end of this weekend! :D

Buncha great guys hanging around here! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That cutting board is insane. His work is beyond comprehension. I spend so much time ogling my cutting boards I forget what I'm supposed to be cutting.

Back