Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Cool...or creepy?:D
7LnDfK5.gif

Damn nice work Ray, I reallllly like the clean lines on that! The flush pulls are a nice touch. Would love to see more.

Look forward to seeing the table Ray, will it have the verticals as well?

Look forward to seeing the table Ray, will it have the verticals as well?

Well - that detail is in the drawings ;) - but the builder overrides the drawing man so remains to be seen. I'll mock it up and see if I like it. I would like to relate the side tables to the bed with more than just wood species but it has to work.

I especially enjoy this kinetic design process. The project will lead the way. I think you understand this John, as well as anyone could. You have to relax and allow the evolution - not get too rigid with the preconceptions that you can't allow the process to guide you.

We shall see.

Ray

Absolutely, gotta trust your creativity. Fighting the ideas that come up as things move along is never a good idea. I'm trying to trust my instinct more and pay attention to how ideas flow.

Nice work, Ray, Ash is where it's at!

From the 'Ashes to ashes, dust to dust' files - some years ago, we were paged out for a 'Deer in the river' FD call. Why we were called is beyond me, but yes, there was a deer that had broken through the ice on the river. We don't save deer in rivers because, well, because they'll kick your butt with their hooves. A sheriff's deputy showed up and shot the deer in the head, killing it and causing it to sink below the ice and drift away. The deer-hugger that called us was apoplectic, but that's another story.

Point being, I turned to fellow FF Traci Mayhood, owner of Tree Image cabinetry, winner of 'Best Kitchen Cabinetry' three of the four years she'd entered our local Parade of Homes annual custom home builders showcase competition. I dead-panned that it was a shame she couldn't build furniture, as I needed some. She responded that she could build anything I needed - so, off to my house we went.

With an idea in hand, and a pallet of Ash from a project that had recently fallen through, she built this custom bedroom ensemble. Fair priced and delivered in short order, it was built to my taste. I found a black oyster button whilst hiking and asked that she try to match it for the drawer pulls; she nailed it. It's a small room, so all the furniture was down-sized ~10% to fit. The drawer slides suck in and drop down once nudged in. Super happy with Traci's work. Ash... :thumbsup:

BS1.jpg BS2.jpg BS3.jpg

Those came out really nice Shel. How's your weather over there? We haven't seen above zero in a couple of days over here.

I went out and pushed some snow, realized we're also around zero degrees F, came back in to start a fire, grab a cup of Joe, and dress appropriately. The snow is light and not too deep, and the sun is out so that's a bonus, but pajama and house slipper weather it's not. I'll head out in a bit to square it away; the upside is that the county plow already made his pass, and no more snow is on the immediate horizon. Stay warm!

More ASH on the pile. I made up the little side tables. These also came out a bit different than as drawn but I like them. Finishes up the woodwork. Now the shopper in the family needs to line up some lamps and some bedside carpets. I might get hijacked into a small wardrobe - but likely that wouldn't be before next winter.

Last edited:
Back