Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Look what showed up today, thanks Scott! Scott Hanson Scott Hanson
qB4fMdL.jpg

Ooh dat's nice!!

Blade length? Looks like a perfect little knife right there.

Nice score Scott W, and nicely done Scott H!

Ooh dat's nice!!

Blade length? Looks like a perfect little knife right there.

Nice score Scott W, and nicely done Scott H!
Hi John, it has a 3" blade and a 4" handle, the blade is AEB-L is 5/32" with a satin scotch-brite finish it was heat treated to 60-HRc with cry and the handle is elk I carry brow tine.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that's almost identical to the one I use for deer hunting.

Hi John, it has a 3" blade and a 4" handle, the blade is AEB-L is 5/32" with a satin scotch-brite finish it was heat treated to 60-HRc with cry and the handle is elk I carry brow tine.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that's almost identical to the one I use for deer hunting.
He forgot to mention it's damn sharp! :eek::p And cuts like a dream!

He forgot to mention it's damn sharp! :eek::p And cuts like a dream!

That AEB-L steel is different from the other stainless steels I have used I hone these knives by hand on Arkansas stones then strop them on razor strops just like razor blade. They work just like carbon steel, people claim they it is the stainless for guys who don't like stainless knife blades.

That AEB-L steel is different from the other stainless steels I have used I hone these knives by hand on Arkansas stones then strop them on razor strops just like razor blade. They work just like carbon steel, people claim they it is the stainless for guys who don't like stainless knife blades.
Scott do you do the Heat Treat or send it out?

I send them out. Actually I take them to Bodycote in town where live they're one of the largest commercial heat treaters in the world and probably the most reasonable. I can have 10 blades heat treated to my specs with cryo for about $59.00 and turn around time is 2-4 days. Bodycote does blades for quite a few area makers like Dave Ricke or at least were doing his blades. I know some of the heat treaters want like $25.00 per blade unless you bring them real quantities. I only have 4-5 blade done at a time now days because i feel keeping my batches a little smaller keeps the quality up.

Scott do you do the Heat Treat or send it out?

I send them out. Actually I take them to Bodycote in town where live they're one of the largest commercial heat treaters in the world and probably the most reasonable. I can have 10 blades heat treated to my specs with cryo for about $59.00 and turn around time is 2-4 days. Bodycote does blades for quite a few area makers like Dave Ricke or at least were doing his blades. I know some of the heat treaters want like $25.00 per blade unless you bring them real quantities. I only have 4-5 blade done at a time now days because i feel keeping my batches a little smaller keeps the quality up.
Hey Scooter, I just looked them up, there's one here in south OKC, and one close to you, in York PA.
:thumbsup:

Spent five days outside of Sister Oregon camping with some friends. My grandson and daughter had a blast lots of creek walking finding frog and lizards.
9B7CB6C0-CB8E-4961-8A86-5ED3F7A41DB8.jpeg
That is not her beer in that picture my wife was wondering what we do at camp when she saw this picture 73D427DC-CD99-4178-8FAE-E18AC0B0A069.jpeg
One of the many little thing we found.479E1ECC-85FA-46A9-AEBD-2F07E747EC02.jpeg

I'm gonna guess that bill had 5 digits!
She seems like a good egg, and genuinely kind, not just because she's sitting with a client with serious money. She teaches classes all over the place too.

For the Magnificent 7+ that don’t visit the Greyline thread, I hit the knife sharpening Facebook Marketplace jackpot today.

It started with an ad for two Lansky kits and a Work Sharp Ken Onion edition for $15 each.

By the time we finished IM-ing, I bought everything she had. Two Lansky kits, two different Work Sharp electric sharpeners and an Edge Pro Apex with four stones.

uSpfvcG.jpg

All of it very lightly used or not used at all. The whole package for less than the cost of a new Edge Pro Apex 1 kit.

I’m going to be knocking on my neighbors doors looking for more stuff to sharpen:p.

Back