Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Anudder wild and wacky board going home next weekend as a wedding present.
qrfMwjA.jpg
Another incredible one.
By the way, in case you don't hear it, I thank you everytime I use my boards.

We normally stay home on the holiday weekends but the wife wanted to go so we went with my daughter (back row left) and the grandkids (all the others) to Newport. We had a great time and the weather was perfect.

CCF8C287-FA9D-46B2-8D48-08ABB4CC618F.jpeg
This is their bay watch run.
219F7F3C-FC50-4CCF-9A47-AD98C9C1E6C3.jpeg
The little ones not as brave
F2856B13-8E10-410D-9488-464FE618BED0.jpeg
We go to the aquarium every time we are in town.
583ABEFB-A79C-44C7-BCC3-3933EC27C4F7.jpeg
I hope everyone had a great weekend with your family and friends.

It's good to see people enjoying my neighborhood. If I go into Newport today I'll be watching for you.
I'll probably hit the golf course this morning though...

Last of the Japanese Blue steel, figured walnut handle, cherry burl and Lessimore Blackwood.
SNhMqr8.jpg
Talk to me about the blue steel. I remember looking it up a while back but haven't talked to anyone that's actually used it.

Talk to me about the blue steel. I remember looking it up a while back but haven't talked to anyone that's actually used it.
Aldo at NJ steel baron had it a few years back. Tough as hell to work but if you get it right it's razor shaving sharp in other words it will cut.

It's good to see people enjoying my neighborhood. If I go into Newport today I'll be watching for you.
I'll probably hit the golf course this morning though...
We spend most of are time at the south beach RV park and nye beach. We try to spend every other weekend there after schools start. My in-laws lived in Newport from 81 until mom got sick in 97.

We spend most of are time at the south beach RV park and nye beach. We try to spend every other weekend there after schools start. My in-laws lived in Newport from 81 until mom got sick in 97.
I drive from Waldport through Newport to Toledo four days a week. I generally don't venture too far from home on my days off. Up to the golf course or 100 ft to the river to fish are usually it.

I drive from Waldport through Newport to Toledo four days a week. I generally don't venture too far from home on my days off. Up to the golf course or 100 ft to the river to fish are usually it.

Did you give up the mule gig and go back to a steady route?

If so, and you're happy, good for you. :cool::thumbsup:

Nope. Still just moving trailers around a paper mill. The mill is in Toledo Oregon and I live in Waldport. I have a 28 mile commute. I am forced to drive past some of the most beautiful coastal property on earth 4 days a week.
I also pass Rogue Brewery every time. Their beers are really good and it's hard to drive past without stopping.

I've been looking at an etcher and a stencil maker. Is that etched?

Oh snap, I didn't see the forest through the trees, I was lookin at the knife!

Some scraps i had laying around the shop. Here's another one.
Ii0Em2L.jpg
Oooh, that is a really cool pattern. I was using some of your bocote today (from the Original Gangsta block you sent years ago) and was thinking about these.

The knife is one of Julio Diez' Toros.
It's a freaking lazer made from EAB-L.
It kicked my high end chef knives out of my knife block and that is sayin' somethin'.

Last edited:
Back