Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Other than the abysmal packaging (the photo is exactly the way the envelope arrived) this piece of micarta is vibrant and feels extremely well made. From GL Hansen www.gcarta.bigcartel.com
View attachment 1232924

I don't plan on using it long ways like a handle block but sideways like a spacer or barrel if that makes sense.
That looks like some very high quality stuff. Is that an epoxy base micarta.

That looks like some very high quality stuff. Is that an epoxy base micarta.
It is, I don't know about his process but I will say this feels extremely dense, more like heavy stabilized wood than micarta.

It is, I don't know about his process but I will say this feels extremely dense, more like heavy stabilized wood than micarta.
I was able to pull up his website and read his explanation on his process. It’s epoxy based compresses under heat, that probably explains why there are no air bubbles in it. I’m up north deer hunting right now and my cell phone isn’t real user friendly when it comes to looking stuff up. But I think I seen some things I might be interested in, I’ll take a closer look when I get home.

I was able to pull up his website and read his explanation on his process. It’s epoxy based compresses under heat, that probably explains why there are no air bubbles in it. I’m up north deer hunting right now and my cell phone isn’t real user friendly when it comes to looking stuff up. But I think I seen some things I might be interested in, I’ll take a closer look when I get home.
Good luck on the hunt, I'd like to try out some of the Ivory he has. A lot of it is a bit over the top but he has a lot of interesting stuff. I'll give an update when I cut into this piece.

2UnM6Ll.jpg

Back