Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

The absurdity level could be off the charts that many days from now. Hopefully it's something big!

Not a clue. My 55th birthday is when I'll be close to the 30 year mark with the company and I'll be in a position to move out of Illinois and start something new. All I know is, I'm done with the industry I'm in. I might look at getting a job at a factory and ride out the following ten years assembling widgets.

No idea if/when I can retire. Will be 50 in 6 months, and "official" retirement age is 67 for me, but really hope I can do it earlier.

I don't usually go with the wild stuff but here's some recent scales and blocks that I've picked up off of Instagram recently from a few different suppliers. (Phoenix Knife Handles, Fleming Wood Supply, and King & Queen Woods)

Top: Bog Oaks & a Big Leaf Maple Burl
Bottom: Box Elder Burl

20201031_221055-01.jpeg

Here's the booty that I sent off to have stabilized (K&G) nothing fancy but some really nice grain.

Top Left to Right: Wormy Chestnut, Bocote, Black Walnut, Maple, (Mesquite burl at far right)

Bottom Left to Right: Honduran Mahogany & Cherry

20201031_221407-01.jpeg
For scale, they're sitting on 5" wide boards.

Top: Bog Oaks & a Big Leaf Maple Burl
Bottom: Box Elder Burl

20201031_221055-01-jpeg.1447319
Great looking selection, but the Big leaf maple burl....that's some gorgeous stuff!!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the video, very helpful, and gotta give kudos out to your Co-Host!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, that was buried in the wood pile looked like rotten garbage. It was amazing to see what was inside.

Back