1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by T.Knotts, Aug 8, 2016.

1. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    I am very disappointed in myself. :( This can has been sitting in my fridge, and I didn't even notice the cowbell, as pointed out this morning by Mr. Conner. Revoke my Cowbell card! :eek:

IMG_6451.jpg

2. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    Full pardon Jared. After suggesting this beer to Harry, I am ashamed to admit he had to point it out to me, I didn't notice it either.

Mack likes this.
  3. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    At least I have an excuse, the others I had were out when we were pheasant hunting, so I was a bit distracted. This one can though, has been staring at me for awhile. :confused:

4. Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives John Conner / lessismore Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    [​IMG]

Mack likes this.
  5. SpyderPhreak

Apr 13, 2004
    [​IMG]

Redmeadow Knives likes this.
  6. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Had a ridiculous sunset tonight, hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays.
    20201228_164921-01.jpeg

Mack, Dopic1, trevitrace and 2 others like this.
  7. Dopic1

Dopic1 Irredeemable wood purveyor Platinum Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Chef in 15n20 with Bocote scales/handle Curly Maple dyed Saya. Shout out to John for the advice on the surface conditioning belt trick with WD-40. ;)
    [​IMG]

Mack and Rupestris like this.
  8. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Okays this time I wasn't so lucky. The 80 grit won.
    [​IMG]

Mack likes this.
  9. jlauffer

jlauffer Dissident Aggressor Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Ouchie!

10. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    How'd I miss this? That looks great Scott, that bocote pattern looks really cool! Glad the WD40 worked out for you, that's a Nick Wheeler trick I picked up on Instaham.

Argh right where the finger bends too, that's gonna heal fast:rolleyes: The good news is that it wasn't a 36 grit!!

Mack likes this.
  11. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks John, the Bocote is cutoffs from previous cutting boards. The WD-40 trick was the cats cajones, made all the stupid grind marks uniform and actually looked I knew what I was doing. I was building a stand for a new belt grinder and turned it on and then moved it a little and got bit. Yep it should be healed by tomorrow. :cool:

12. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
  13. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Had to replace some metal roofing on the shop. 16 foot panels aren't fun in a 10 mph wind:eek: It's all fun and games until Momma's got you in the bucket.

20210116_120023-01.jpeg

How everyone's having a good Saturday, I should be attaching handles on some Cowbells and doing some etching on the coffin handle later.

Mack and Rupestris like this.
  14. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Just got an email that BLADE West is moving out of Portland... YES!

But it's moving to California..... NO!

Then it says it's going to Long Beach... in Orange County....

The worst part is that Long Beach isn't in Orange County, it's in Los Angeles County.

Get your shit together BLADE, I'm out.

Rant over.

Mack likes this.
  15. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    That sucks

16. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Single bevel Japanese chef in 15n20 curly maple and blackwood. It will cut.
    [​IMG]

17. Redmeadow Knives

Aug 29, 2010
    Damn that looks sweet Scott!

18. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks John, I always wanted to try a single bevel and I gotta tell you it's the damn sharpest knife I've ever owned. I mean scary freaking sharp, I'm a gonna build a few more.

Mack and gunspease like this.
  19. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    If you make one with a lefty bevel we will need to talk.

20. Dopic1

Apr 1, 2013
    We can talk sometime, I is retired and have plenty of steel.:cool:

trevitrace, Mack and jlauffer like this.