Push Dagger 2 1/2in.-3 in.

Preferably AUS-8 steel. I like the Cold Steel Safe Maker 2 but it is a little too big and too pricy. If you know of anything more affordable but still good quality please let me know. Thanks.

Try the Kabar TDI, it works like a push dagger but is not as illegal in most places.

KA-02-1480.jpg

Ever think about doing a grinder job on one of the gerber push knife skinners then just doing up a custom sheath for them?

I own both the Cold Steel safe-keeper11 and the Larger Honshu w/ 4in. blade and the Honshu is Better made...and half the price. Do you know the Safe-Maker are FLAT on the reverse side? That's a deal Breaker for me at Any price. Merry Christmas, Dave

The safe maker II has a specialty grind. The obverse side is concave, not flat like a chisel grind.

It probably makes little difference in performance but I hate the flat on 1 side thing too, also hate that it's really not described/disclosed at all. Anyone know if the Honshu is the same way or is it ground the same way on both sides? At such a low price I would imagine they would cut a lot of corners.

I've tried justifying a push dagger, but I just can't. Pretty much everywhere that they are legal, I can pack a gun. If I ever do end up getting one, I think I'll go with the Safe Maker 2. The flat/hollow back side of the Keeper series drives me nuts. I have a Black Jack Blackmoore Dirk with that kind of grind and I can't stand it. Yes, it's mostly just for poking holes in people, but I still don't like it.

You should hook up with forum member Charlie Mike,he makes some sweet push dags.His prices are more than reasonable.

It probably makes little difference in performance but I hate the flat on 1 side thing too, also hate that it's really not described/disclosed at all. Anyone know if the Honshu is the same way or is it ground the same way on both sides? At such a low price I would imagine they would cut a lot of corners.

The Honshus are ground on both sides. They don't have the concave back like the CS ones.

Back