Putting the BK2 to the test, so you don't have to...

I noticed the blade is not anywhere near as wide when you finished as it was in the beginning. Keep testing and fixing it like that and eventually you won't have a knife left! Lol.

Whatever Happened to Brab anyways. I have that knife here safe and sound though. I even put some homemade micarta on it.

I'm buying A BK2 after reading this! I gave less of a beating to some of my Busses and ended up with more damage. Pretty impressive for a $53 knife.

It's official...This is my favorite thread in the BK&T forum. If I didn't already own a BK-2, I'd be rushing out to get one! Wow..that was just amazing!

Next you should try a machax.
8b32942f.jpg

this thread is kind old BUT!!!!!!!! it sold me and i will be purchasing this knife next week when i get paid! :D awesome stuff man!!!!

Ashamed I missed this thread and pt 2 before I bought my bk2, but I am glad I read it. This demo should be printed, binded, and shipped with every BK2.

this is the thread that made me buy a BK2...which lead me here and to more Beckers..and everything else. so thanks Brab, wherever you are

Great to see threads like this...coming back from the dead. Muahahaha.

Honestly, I don't own a BK2, I haven't even held a BK2. Never even seen one up close. Nope the only Beckers I've ever touched are my own BK7, BK14 and BK16 (BK4 hopefully this week). That all being said, I can't believe I don't have one of these knives. I wish I could just keep throwing money at steel...but theres other things like bills and life that I also have to work into the equation. Hopefully by the end of summer I will also add a BK2 to the list.

I'll touch one....one day.

Last edited:
Thanks to the previous brothers who helped to bring this thread back to life. This thread is awesome and should be made a sticky as remarkable proof what a Becker knife can withstand, even better than Becker's own ads.

I only joined this forum only recently and haven't had a Becker yet, but will definitely buy in coming weeks. I live in an urban environment so I don't need a BK2, but I will buy one anyway. Like someone had said earlier, after going through this thread you will look at the so-called 'super steels' a bit differently. Puts everything in perspective, as they say.

Yep, this and it's partner thread are still in my favorite threads of all time in this section. Definitely why I got into Beckers. I admit I do have it bookmarked for any time anyone asks for a robust fixed blade.

Excellent job on the testing. Seems like this blade can take pretty much anything you throw at it.

I love this thread!

Gonna purchase a BK2 in the next few months and see for myself what I can "fix up" around my backyard.

@OP: I think your next guests who stay over are going to complain that it's too cold and the grass growth got out of hand....

thanks for reviving this old thread, I had never seen it before, the bk2 can take one hell of a beating, that's awesome. Sigh... have to add another one to the 'to buy' list

I still have a lightly used gen 1 BK2 and this thread convinced me to buy a gen 2 and make it work...thanks to all the inspiration.

Jay

Back