Putting the BK2 to the test, so you don't have to...

I just ordered my BK-2 from Jason at DLT Trading, he always gives me great prices.

I just ordered my BK-2 from Jason at DLT TRADING, He gives me great prices

Last edited:
I think I need to add a BK2 to my collection :) has anyone done anything similar to the BK7?

This says ALOT about Kabar's HT on their 1095 Cro-Van. Incredible stuff!

I just came to see if it was as good as it was made out to be by others. It works a wrecking bar,but how has a camp tool, will it hold a edge ?

I haven't seen this thread since Christ walked the earth. A classic though, for a classic knife. I don't give a flying Hershey squirt about the whiners. I will always like this knife....and use it.
:thumbup:

I will maybe buy bk2 but right now I am deciding if I would buy hatchet or bk2 it is almost same.

A hatchet it more for chopping, but bk2 would chop. However, I believe it's niche is in batoning. My Afghan (same size, 1/4 in. thick) does that extremely well, and I'm sure the Bk2 does too. If you want a fire maker that can also field dress and F-150 that you can carry on your belt, get a bk2 or similar. If you want a chopper, I'd recommend something a little different.

I just came to see if it was as good as it was made out to be by others. It works a wrecking bar,but how has a camp tool, will it hold a edge ?

It does just fine, especially fisked. It's not quite as slicy as some, but it's plenty good at knife tasks. It's the best at nothing outside of being an indestructible sharpened prybar of a knife, but its pretty darn good at virtually everything, if you know how to use it.

Let's just put it this way, you can chop and Baton regular wood for a day, strop it, and shave. I do for fun sometimes. Clean shave too.

i just got one in the mail. it's supposed to be a gift for my brother in law. i kinda want to keep it, but if i do give it to him, next time we go camping together i'd better not hear "can i borrow your knife?" if i do, i'll take it back. and giggle the whole trip home. hee hee hee!

By last reports, that lawnmower is still dead. BK-2 put it down, and it stayed down.

I already have a bk2 and recently got an esee 5.... Never seen this thread before but it has convinced me to sell off the esee and get another bk2 but with the micarta scales this time... Not sure why I bother looking at other blades as beckers do everything I need and a more then reasonable price.

Awesome thread,glad I got one (BK2) a couple weeks ago (before seeing this thread),but now I want another too,LMAO :D

Here in the Philippines, BK-2 refers to Burger King meal #2... It's worth every ounce of work, purchasing one form the US and waiting for months till someone can bring them here. I can proudly say, i'm one of the rare people with Bk-2 here... And btw, 2 more coming(",) Thanks to all you guys out there on the other side of the globe, for the insights and the influence, lastly, to Uncle Ethan Becker for this great piece of sharpened object.

I'm pretty sure you can baton a Whopper with a BK2

Here in the Philippines, BK-2 refers to Burger King meal #2... It's worth every ounce of work, purchasing one form the US and waiting for months till someone can bring them here. I can proudly say, i'm one of the rare people with Bk-2 here... And btw, 2 more coming(",) Thanks to all you guys out there on the other side of the globe, for the insights and the influence, lastly, to Uncle Ethan Becker for this great piece of sharpened object.

That would be a fantastic happy meal prize.

Back