The Puukko

I am more than impressed. Knife and sheath-- top level work in every respect. I would have thought maybe a link to your work in your signature.

Agree, a couple of beautiful puukko you have made.
Rich
Thank you tongueriver and Rich S. My puukkot and nordic style knives are posted in the Beckerhead sub forum and this thread. I am currently making sheaths for for the knives I made last Spring, Summer and Fall. There are nine blades in line for handles.

A couple of Tommis I aquired lately. First two of a small bunch I will collect over the months for a review I'll post on Nordiskaknivar at the end of the year, hopefully.
cnKTttB.jpg

IIzARIS.jpg

I completed a non-traditional bison leather sheath for the Kokemäen puukko I finished last week.
by
by
Actually, your sheath is a traditional build. There are many historical examples of Finnish sheaths in that format. Well done!

Zieg

Actually, your sheath is a traditional build. There are many historical examples of Finnish sheaths in that format. Well done!

Thank you for your kind words and clarifying that point; happily I stand corrected. I most often make the backsewn sheath.

Last edited:
My latest puukko started out as a Lauri 95mm H.D. blade which I reprofiled and reground to rhomboid shape then hand polished to 800x and gray Scotch-Brite satin. The handle is redheart with black & white ebony bolster and beveled endcap. Minwax clear satin finish was used to keep the wood from turning brown. Basic bison leather sheath completes the knife.

Last edited:
My latest project: Lauri 120mm Leuku blade reworked and hand polished to 800x the gray Scotch-Brite satin finish, Handle: made from Australian red mallee with a caribou bone bolster and black fiber spacer accent. Satin Lin-Speed finish. Sheath to follow.

Last edited:
Back