Qs + Let's see your EDC fixed blades

I will often carry a fixed blade, not every day, but when I think the occasion might call for it. For many years, the small Anza was a supplement to my tool kit, usually carried on a motorbike, but sometimes dropped in my pocket. The sheath is thin leather, well softened by use, and does not take up much space.

The cross-draw sheath that came with the other Anza is comfortable to wear, and the knife carries unobtrusively under an untucked shirt. Unfortunately, I have to thread my belt the other way in order to use it, so I will now try to figure out a pocket slip of some kind.

The other two are the Baryonyx Grimalkin and the Mini Skrama, two very different approaches to the bare-tang knife. The Grimalkin comes with the minimalist plastic sheath, which is a little bulky in a front pocket but carries nice and flat in a back pocket. The Skrama carries in a slip I cobbled up from a plastic yogurt tub and some duct tape. Crude but effective, it retains the knife well and drops comfortably into a front pocket, or the narrow leg pocket on carpenter jeans. A length of inner tube improves the grip without taking up a lot of room.

2F5A8303-7A26-49CD-9540-06AB7CFAF27A.jpeg A71EF904-BEB9-4DA6-9F79-C155F34823CF.jpeg F3256E74-DF8D-4255-9469-23B4CC4F8237.jpeg

@bikerector In my opinion, The A.G. Russell Woodswalker is a must have. It's one of the best designs I have come across. Simple but thoroughly thought out. I'm still surprised by the amount of use I get out of this little blade. It's a comfortable four finger grip (for L hands). And it comes with a leather pocket slip (very practical) and a necker Kydex sheath included in the ridiculously low price. Granted, it's an exclusive slicer, forget prying or whittling walking sticks.

Agreed. I'd use mine more but my wife took it!

Great little super multi-purpose EDC knife and an unbeatable price point.

Unbeatable in that range...It kicks out some very capable small knives aimed at that very specific range. You summed it up quite nicely. A great Hooray for A.G.Russell !
M marcinek Buy another one for your wife (or for you), whatever, win / win....

Last edited:
I generally prefer folders but a small Fixed blade can be handy especially around the house. Out and about I’m close to 100% folder carry but at home I’ll often have a small fixed blade on or around me.

D8A05CEA-FF4B-422D-AD4E-5AF8EE01073D.jpeg

Back