Quartermaster QRTMSTR Knife Company Allegations (if you have proof I would like to see it)

I recently liked a knife made by Quartermaster (or made by the Chinese) discussed it and took a lot of flack. So I sent QTRMSTR a note directly asking about the allegations.
I had to email as they have not phone number. Here is my message to them.

"I purchased a Mr. Roper Finale. I have seen online all over the place that it is not made in USA as stated but that it is made or partially made in china. Also that the blade may not be s35vn but a soft 440c. Can you please quail my concerns. If there is no reply I will consider this an affirmative that the allegations are true. Thanks"

I did not address stolen designs as I felt I most likely would not get anywhere. They sent a response in about 12 hours. Here it is:

"Happy Independence Day!

As it states multiple times on our website: all of our products are Made in the USA. If you've seen other information, it's forum nonsense. We're an established company and we've been making products for NRA, Sig Sauer, etc for 5 years.

You can view multiple videos and photographs of our facilities on our Instagram feed if you wish. @qtrmstr_backstage. This will give you first hand looks at our work in progress.

Further, we offer an unconditional lifetime warranty on all of our products-- they're inspected and repaired right here in Hill Country, so if you should have any issues; we back them up completely.

Thanks for taking the time to write & for your support of our brand. Please enjoy your new knife."

Now my question is does anyone have proof that this statement from them is false? If they did at one time lie about production are they still lying? Also, has anyone been to the factory and seen the knives being produced?

I have no info for you but I am looking forward to the proof when it gets here. :)

I believe this is what is floating around.

http://portexaminer.com/trade-data/wayeah-knives-tools-co-ltd-copiousity-llc/amigsa36l64504/

The, "notified" party is as follows.

COPIOUSITY LLC
227 TURKEY DRIVE AUSTIN,TX.78620

This is the address given by J. West as to the companies location.

Bill of lading showing "pocket knives made in China" sent to the address given by Jared West as the corporate location for Quartermaster.

That address is also in the public record as a home for Quartermaster knives.
https://www.matchdeck.com/company-monitor/company/13317336/profile

https://www.reddit.com/r/knifeclub/...ny_more_evidence_that/?compact=false&sort=old

I don't know a lot about mills, but apparently there's a fair amount of flexibility in the setup and arrangement, but these are set up and arranged absolutely identically. Also, the concentric pattern milled into the vises is identical.

Finally, some key features on the back wall are identical: http://i.imgur.com/5vCXp0S.jpg. The wall in the We Knives photo appears to be dirtier, probably owing to it being taken at a different time.

ZiLBeRTRoNHinder Knives 5 points 1 year ago

Piggybacking off my other comment, the two bolts circled I would imagine would be in the same place if they have the same machines. However, if you look close, one is obviously cleaner than the other, but they both appear to have similar scuffs/stains by bolt #1, which seems highly unlikely for two different machines to have the same markings.

Here's the comparison shot showing a picture from Quartermaster of their shop and a picture of the shop a we.
5vCXp0S.jpg

Op do a search. There are many threads on the topic including someone testing side by side with 440c knife.

Also plenty of screenshots showing metric screws.

Quartermaster are liar's. If you don't believe it you are not going to convince anyone otherwise.

Only when quartermaster reveal the factory address so we can visit and see them make the parts and assemble them ... Will we then believe anything. But since they are made in China and delivered to Jared West, printed made in USA on them... It's a lie.

Let's not forget he copied designs without permission and against the original owners consent... which is really wrong to do.

You don't want to defend this company. Go-to there Instagram and ask them if the knife is made in China.

Also why do you think a liar would tell you the truth? Lmao

NRA sells CHINA knives regularly. It wants cheap promo items. Nothing unique there. So the fact that NRA bought Quartermaster CHINA knives is meaningless as to where the knives were made.

Ask to tour the "factory" (A residential building in an area zoned solely for residential use.)

Ask for a copy of Quartermaster's Texas license to do business.

Jared depends on suckers.

I was looking at reviews on amazon and found this under a quartermaster for a $333 knife.
If its not written as a joke it should have been.
Very funny read.

Magnum PI would be jealous.
January 24, 2015
Amazingly huge and heavy. Cool design but you will definitely know that you're carrying it. You can tell this one is designed for heavy work due to the blade play present that I've experienced in most QM models. Some people consider blade play a bad thing, but during prolonged cutting, you will appreciate the shock-absorbing qualities such a feature instills. As another reviewer pointed out, this is not an EDC unless you're big Jim. If you buy this knife, put it in a drawer and only use it when you need to flex your ninja skills. QM's CS is so amazing that they will send you a brand new knife every time yours breaks. I'm still scratching my head on how they're able to do this. It's almost like they're paying hardly anything for these. I'm on my third in two months. It's nice to know that I can go all ninja and lay waste to boxes and milk cartons without having to worry about messing up the knife. The lock is a little prone to failure, so watch your fingers! I just send it back and get a new knife! They're like the CutCo of tactical knives. I give this knife four stars because A. It only has two thumbstuds and B. It's heavy enough to chain your dog to. ANYWAY, BANG UP JOB QUARTERMASTER!

"Happy Independence Day!

As it states multiple times on our website: all of our products are Made in the USA. If you've seen other information, it's forum nonsense. We're an established company and we've been making products for NRA, Sig Sauer, etc for 5 years.

You can view multiple videos and photographs of our facilities on our Instagram feed if you wish. @qtrmstr_backstage. This will give you first hand looks at our work in progress.

Further, we offer an unconditional lifetime warranty on all of our products-- they're inspected and repaired right here in Hill Country, so if you should have any issues; we back them up completely.

Thanks for taking the time to write & for your support of our brand. Please enjoy your new knife."

If you believe this despite all the evidence floating around the forum, I have a nice looking bridge BNIB, never cut anything with it, that I'm looking to move. I'll give you a great price too . . .

What I think is funny is qrtrm4$trb8rs claims that they use pictures of their factory on their Instagram. Any picture of anything being made is ambiguous at best and could be a picture taken anywhere. They also claim to have a "knife museum" So far I have only seen one factory with such a museum and that is WE knives. Who oddly enough are the ones reportedly making some of the QRTRF4IL knives. IMHO brous and ADV do the same exact thing and rely on vague laws to skirt the truth. Here is the gist of it. If any of the claims about those knives being made in china were false that company would jump at the chance to prove people wrong and do a factory tour. A real one. With real people and not the actors they had for their last video. Lying by omission is still lying. And IMHO all the evidence QRTRLI4Rs has presented actually made the situation worse with how vague it was. Not to mention Jareds private blade show meetings with a large number of Asian individuals in the lobby. Literally nothing points to them telling the truth. Nothing. Liars lie. And just because you send an email you think they aren't going to continue the lie? "I asked and they said no that's not true." Because liars are known for honesty?

What I think is funny is qrtrm4$trb8rs claims that they use pictures of their factory on their Instagram. Any picture of anything being made is ambiguous at best and could be a picture taken anywhere. They also claim to have a "knife museum" So far I have only seen one factory with such a museum and that is WE knives. Who oddly enough are the ones reportedly making some of the QRTRF4IL knives. IMHO brous and ADV do the same exact thing and rely on vague laws to skirt the truth. Here is the gist of it. If any of the claims about those knives being made in china were false that company would jump at the chance to prove people wrong and do a factory tour. A real one. With real people and not the actors they had for their last video. Lying by omission is still lying. And IMHO all the evidence QRTRLI4Rs has presented actually made the situation worse with how vague it was. Not to mention Jareds private blade show meetings with a large number of Asian individuals in the lobby. Literally nothing points to them telling the truth. Nothing. Liars lie. And just because you send an email you think they aren't going to continue the lie? "I asked and they said no that's not true." Because liars are known for honesty?
but but but... but they came out with a video showing the factory tour... where they showed the qmaster knives at the end... not being built, but already built, freshly delivered from china. but people still believe this video as truth that they are made in texas... when it really is not true what so ever. not one qmaster part is in that factory that Jared had his friends let him use.

a few years ago I purchased a Mr. Spicoli and though it was a sweet looking knife, one day I dropped it from my couch to the hard wood floor 1.5ft or so and the titanium handle cracked.....I sent it in to them for warranty work and there reply was that it is normal and will not effect the knife :( I sold it for 1/3 of the cost the next day after receiving it back from them and will never ever buy one again. Cracked ti handles should not be a norm.

a few years ago I purchased a Mr. Spicoli and though it was a sweet looking knife, one day I dropped it from my couch to the hard wood floor 1.5ft or so and the titanium handle cracked.....I sent it in to them for warranty work and there reply was that it is normal and will not effect the knife :( I sold it for 1/3 of the cost the next day after receiving it back from them and will never ever buy one again. Cracked ti handles should not be a norm.
I wish you had pics of that. Not saying it didn't happen. Just that I really want to see it. :D

Reactions: Mo2
I think the nail in a coffin would be finding and showing evidence linking the receiving company with quartermaster or its owner.

I think the nail in a coffin would be finding and showing evidence linking the receiving company with quartermaster or its owner.
Which has been done. The CHINA shipment was to Copiousity LTD, the registered owner of the Quartermaster brand.

Jared has never claimed a U.S. source for Quartermaster knives (which could be checked),
repeatedly claiming instead a Texas factory in a residential dwelling in a residential-zoned area with no business license.

So, knives from CHINA and no factory in the U.S. = knives not made in U.S.

Remember, his business plan is, "One born every minute." It is a plan that had worked for others.

Which has been done. The CHINA shipment was to Copiousity LTD, the registered owner of the Quartermaster brand.

Jared has never claimed a U.S. source for Quartermaster knives (which could be checked),
repeatedly claiming instead a Texas factory in a residential dwelling in a residential-zoned area with no business license.

So, knives from CHINA and no factory in the U.S. = knives not made in U.S.

Remember, his business plan is, "One born every minute." It is a plan that had worked for others.
I hadn't seen it myself but yeah that would be very condemning evidence.

It is sad because if they just sold them as Chinese knives with a USA QC, Warranty(that was worthwhile because no titanium handles should not crack) and Support the market would be more accepting. The hatred of the brand would die down because they are hated more for the lies than anything else I feel. I will admit some of the designs look pretty decent I am not sure on the QC and the F&F of the end product plus with the horror story of a cracked ti handle I am put off.

I hadn't seen it myself but yeah that would be very condemning evidence.

The post I quoted in Post #3 of this thread has a direct link to a copy of that bill of lading.

That link is broken, or at least for me it is, and matching the address isn't proof that it is the same company. I am not arguing with you that they aren't just saying how it would kind of be a final end to the charade if it could be fully exposed that they are the same company or one is a parent company.

Some folks want a written, notarized confession along with a video of jared admitting his fraudulent activities.:rolleyes:

Problem is, we post all the proof, then someone comes along months later and says, "Where's the evidence?" "if it could be fully exposed that they are the same company or one is a parent company."

Been there. Done that. Why don't you try Google? It's all there. Find the "factory." Find the "U.S. suppliers." Find the license to do business in Texas.

Here's a head-start.
http://portexaminer.com/trade-data/wayeah-knives-tools-co-ltd-copiousity-llc/amigsa36l64504/

Oh look, the address or the delivery from CHINA to Copiousity is the same as the "factory" of the Quartermaster "factory."
https://www.importgenius.com/importers/copiousity-llc

Enough! Dream whatever dreams suit.
More than one a minute.

Back