Quartermaster QRTMSTR Knife Company Allegations (if you have proof I would like to see it)

Nice, honest review here. Maybe a little too honest for some people's liking :p

Tactical = heavier?
Multiple grinds = Tactical?
Stolen designs & bald faced lies = Quartermaster?
That reviewer = Idiot?

Spoiler Alert, the first two statements are false and the second two are true.

Hope I'm not being too honest for anyone's liking.

"Manufactured right here in the People's Republic of Texas" says the shill.

It's the "Peoples' Republic of China," shills.

The "review" is a typical puff piece. All the children are above average in most "reviews."

Do check out BF regarding Jared's products. He has a documented history of scamming over many years, and how do we know it's made of what he claims? He says so.

Thomas, he was being sarcastic. Couldn't you pick up on that? ;)

Notice how he tells the viewers to go over to Bladeforums and read threads about Quartermaster and to basically disregard his review?:p

WOW, if you lie, you lie; nothing complicated about that. :rolleyes: A LITTLE white lie ("Honey your pepperoni fish is very good-considering you spent five hours making it-dear") is one thing, but, THIS stuff. :poop: Buy what and where you wish with your own money, but I (amongst many others) am grateful for the info on certain sellers/manufactures/businesses engaging in shady practices which I would otherwise not know about. Thanks BF and members who share info (though I don't always agree, as is the prerogative of all). :thumbsup:

I cannot believe they're trying to pass this picture off as legitimate. Look CLOSELY at the foundation of this part of their *facility* ...https://www.instagram.com/p/rmsAo5r67e/?taken-by=qtrmstr_backstage

It has no foundation that I can see, the siding looks fake. The walls look paper thin.

The whole thing looks like it's quickly thrown together and decorated balsa wood.

It's like the adult version of those cardboard box forts you used to make as a kid :D

After spending the last day and a half reading the information in threads posted here about QRTRF4ILUR, I'd just like to say thanks to all involved.

It's been a very informative, saddening and yes, at times even an entertaining experience. It's like a good detective story.

Now that I know about this saga, I will definitely try to continue to follow future developments so please folks, KEEP UPDATING THE BF COMMUNITY ON THIS ISSUE. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That building is laughable it looks like it could be a real structure but the visible construction aspects put it in about the same construction level as a backyard shed with a Tijuana face lift.

The residence located at the address Jared claims as the location of his space-age factory was sold in Spring, 2017, according to several real estate sites (picture of top-secret plant below.) No telling what secret location he is imagining now. On a near-Earth satellite?
30°20'28.49"N 98°11'13.57"W

miSkEq1.png

Last edited:
How jolly. New occupant moves in the the Quartermaster "factory" address last Spring per Bizapedia. It will be fun to see who they are. At least, they are apparently registered to do business in Texas.

1ptrans.gif

Tikto, LLC is a Texas Limited-Liability Company filed on June 22, 2017 . The company's filing status is listed as Active and its File Number is 0802752460.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Brook Schaaf and is located at 227 Turkey Dr., Dripping Springs, TX 78620. The company's principal address is 227 Turkey Dr, Dripping Springs, TX 78620-2487.

Last edited:
Key People
Who own Tikto, LLC, 227 Turkey Dr, Dripping Springs, TX

Name
Brook Schaaf - Managing Member
Allison Schaaf - Managing Member

6/22/2017 Certificate of Formation
Texas Secretary of State
Filing Type: Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC)
State: Texas
State ID: 802752460
Date Filed: Thursday, June 22, 2017

Source
texas_state_flag.jpg

Texas Secretary of State
Data last refreshed on Wednesday, February 28, 2018

When was it Jared's knife-making company was founded? June, 2017? Not quite. He claims 2012. Another woops.

To review the bidding:
"The QTRM5TR Equipment Factory is located in Central Texas, at the gateway to hill country. Our facility is state-of-the-art in every way, its been custom built from the ground up to accommodate nearly every process that a modern manufactory would/could use. The 6-acre complex is under 24 hour surveillance using recently de-classified thermal imaging sensors. The 8,500 square foot facility is home to multiple design studios, think-tanks & a 3,000 sq ft shop floor. However, a medical-grade clean room and a 3 story-high knife museum with a biometric-scanner that allows/disallows access are likely to be considered the highlights of our facility. Though we don't create every last component of our final products (ie: Kydex sheaths, straps, packaging) we seek out partners from our local area to participate/benefit from our commerce. At QTRM5TR Equipment Mfg. providing you with the right tool for the job is only done well when we use the right tools for the job."

So the state-of-the-art "factory" is an 8,500 sq. ft facility inside a 5,612 sq ft 3-bedroom [Now THAT gives new meaning to "spacious."), 2-bath residence that was built "from the ground up" in 2012 (contrary to the land records that say 2006) and sold last Spring.

Was it enough for the girls to get a 8,500 sq ft structure that only looks to mortals, like tax assessors, like 5,612 sq ft for an estimated (Zestimate) $382,171 or did they get the secret squirrel security system and all - and a shipment crate of CHINA knives?

Copied seconds ago from the Quartermaster Knives website:
"CONTACT US
QUARTERMASTER HEADQUARTERS
Post Office Box 1121
Dripping Springs, TX 78620"

Do we write to Jared, Brook, or Allison?

I am positive that Jared can "explain" this all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe we can sweet-talk the new co-owners / partners into getting us authorized access past all the electronic security protocols so we can FINALLY see the knife museum, they may be more cooperative than Jared. :D

To be honest, what I'm really interested in is the medical-grade, clean room...I MUST know what takes place in there. :p

Last edited:
You know what would be funny? Someone should find the Schaaf's phone number and call them and ask about the knife museum. And when they are completely clueless, someone should tell them to log onto Bladeforums and read this whole, crazy story.

I'd bet they'd get a kick out of it LOL :D

Last edited:
I missed that. :oops:

There are references to the Peoples' Republic of Texas - weird, but true.
https://www.google.com/search?q=People's+republic+of+texas&rlz=1C1GGGE___US527US527&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLmPSfrMfZAhUBmVkKHYMgAw4QsAQIrwE&biw=1016&bih=477

There is a review of this very knife on BF and the OP is quite positive, although he finds the opening tab unsatisfactory. The review pictures show asymmetrical grinds, but the OP does not comment on that.

I copied the pic from instagram and put it elsewhere, lest somebody figure out how bogus it is and take it down...
37lh7dU.jpg

I copied the pic from instagram and put it elsewhere, lest somebody figure out how bogus it is and take it down...
37lh7dU.jpg
AUGUST 12, 2014
quote the text too.

BTW it looks like a shed. I bet its Jared's shed where he keeps his lawn mower and misc garden tools each with 6 thumb studs. garden sheers get 12 though.

I have not been into this much since it all seems obvious, but that "building" does not look any more real than the "forts" mentioned by someone earlier. :( I seem to remember doing as well or better when I was about 10 (a loooong time ago). :rolleyes:

I have read QRTMSTR's description of their facility many times; but each time I discover something I missed previously.

"The 8,500 square foot facility is home to multiple design studios, think-tanks & a 3,000 sq ft shop floor. However, a medical-grade clean room and a 3 story-high knife museum with a biometric-scanner that allows/disallows access are likely to be considered the highlights of our facility."

I can envision the editing process for this description:

Jared (speaking to marketing copy writer):
"I don't quite like your first effort. It is just not impressive enough. Come on, do you really want people to think we only have ONE design studio and think tank? Make it plural. You are not working for Spyderco anymore.

And let's get real here, if we have a clean room it needs to held to a high standard, a medical standard. We don't want people thinking we have relaxed standards. Re-write the description and get back to me. Oh, and before I forget, add "allow/disalow" to the biometric-scanner process. After all, who would have a scanner that only ALLOWS access? What kind of company would install one of those?"

AND yet people look at me when i admit my fondness for Chinese knives..lol..after reading this was the guy serious with that description of a WAY OUT in left field factory...he wasnt being tongue in cheek..? I have no experience with these knives but i take they are not cheap..If i had paid a premium and found his factory was in fact a garden shed id want my money back and go elsewhere.

Reactions: Mo2
Who the hell would have a 3 storey knife museum? That’s just idiotic. I bet Victorinox and Buck don’t even have that. And multiple “think tanks”? Seriously?

This Jared guy is obviously cucko in the head.

Back