Queen Cutlery Company Closes

They shouldn't hire the guy from queen, they should steal someone from GEC and pay them all they could afford.

They shouldn't hire the guy from queen, they should steal someone from GEC and pay them all they could afford.

It didn't sound like he was hired, more like just assisting in getting the machines set up and dialed in. But again, that is all hearsay from the grapevine at knife shows. That didn't come from what Gil said in his post.

Apparently knives are available for purchase now.
The pricing is outside of the former Queen and current GEC by a large margin.
Maybe these have some jewel like, Swiss watch precision in fit and finish?

It is always aggravating to see someone lose their job or an American business fail. But I doubt that the handful of employees, several from out of town, that were lost with Queen will make much difference to Titusville. It seemed like a great little town in the rolling hills of PA to me a couple months ago. Nice little farming community with more of an industrial presence than most towns that size. It is one of those areas of the country where as you are leaving one small town; you are entering another small town.

I have no specific knowledge of such; but suspect that previous management are still going to be playing a part - which would be a bit shortsighted in my opinion.

From what I've experienced here, though quite different, when a small concern closes, the impact on the whole community is much wider than the closed mill's size...

I have no specific knowledge of such; but suspect that previous management are still going to be playing a part - which would be a bit shortsighted in my opinion.

You mean management from Queen is involved with Blue Grass Cutlery?

It will be interesting to see and or hear about these first examples.
Do they ‘walk’ and ‘talk’?
Are there large gaps?

I have one of the Ranch Boss knives that Queen did for cold steel, at 90 degrees the sheepsfoot and spay blades both are about as loose as the Christmas goose.

Last edited:
Not sure if that counts, the Queen website was poor but then so is the GEC website.
Not trying to disagree strongly but I like the website for GEC. I tend to use the .NET site. I find they have all the info I need. Photos of what is happening, lists of prior knives, production schedule and an easy contact number.

I would say it is significantly better then Blue Grass Cutlery but I haven't looked at their Facebook. Their site did not even list the steel used for the few knives I browsed. GEC has it all listed. Steel, blade type, better images.

Hopefully their website is not too indicative of their knife manufacturing abilities.

,,,Mike in Canada

Bon Voyage to Bluegrass!! I hope they can make a good knife!!
This response confuses me...

I want to be optimistic. However, based on the low quality of this website, I don’t think this news will amount to anything.
http://www.bluegrasscutlery.com/
What I have seen and heard of their knives in the Winchester line their site is no indication of their quality as I hear good things about the Winchester knives they have been responsible for. From what I understand and others seem to confirm those knives and previous knives were contracted out and made by others such as Queen.

Apparently knives are available for purchase now.
The pricing is outside of the former Queen and current GEC by a large margin.
Maybe these have some jewel like, Swiss watch precision in fit and finish?
The knives you see listed are old stock or new stock made by their currently contracted partners not actually made in house. Based on another users previous post they are assembled by Bluegrass Cutlery but the parts are made elsewhere.

Back