Queen Cutlery Company Closes

Hate to resurrect this thread that has been dead now for over 5 mos., but searching the forums this is the most relevant and most current thread where I can possibly find an answer to a question I have...

So reading through, it appears Bluegrasscutlery in OH very well may have purchased Schatt & Morgan from the Queen bankruptcy. Still not a whole lot of info on the webz, or bluegrass website for that matter regarding the acquisition, or plans going forward, but my question is this.

I have a small S&M congress FWT with a busted backspring, and it was just a great little easy to pocket knife, I'm curious if anybody out there can/will fix it for me, and how much will it run me?
1eKnNKP.jpg

Can anybody steer me in the right direction towards a maker who could/would? Or does anybody know if the new S&M brand under BGC will honor warranty claims from old Queen made S&M knives?

Any info is much appreciated.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat with a small queen made robeson stockman I would love to get fixed but I havent found any maker that does backspring if you do let me know please.

I am in the same boat with a small queen made robeson stockman I would love to get fixed but I havent found any maker that does backspring if you do let me know please.
What really sucks is, I had 2 identical of this knife, (1 of 50), and litterally 2 weeks after I sold one, the one I kept broke... my friggin luck.

When I was in Titusville for the reunion a couple of years back after Queen closed I bumped into a local lady who said her husband had worked for Queen and he was still producing or repairing knives from a stockpile he had. I bet someone here knows who that is.

,,,Mike in Canada

When I was in Titusville for the reunion a couple of years back after Queen closed I bumped into a local lady who said her husband had worked for Queen and he was still producing or repairing knives from a stockpile he had. I bet someone here knows who that is.

,,,Mike in Canada

Yes I spoke with someone, probably the same woman you are referring to. I think her husband was Jeff, but don't remember his last name. He used to be the master cutler at Queen, and he had bought some of the Queen parts inventory at the auction.

Back