Queen, S&M, and related brands pic thread

Most likely this pattern was previously posted here by someone else but this one is mine.:)
9wXPKGv.jpg
What a great Barlow James, I have it with the Drake Oil etch on the blade. Everything about it is quality, centered. solid and GORGEOUS saw cut bone covers:cool:

In keeping with the Barlow theme, this Schatt and Morgan Barlow came yesterday and I am totally impressed. Centered and solid stainless blades, .925 sterling silver inlaid shield, brown jigged bone. I want to pick up some more Queen made knives since it's future is in question. Glad I got this one:thumbsup:
kpoXMX.jpg

Thanks Paul, I agree with your assessment of the barlow, solid is the word. I love the hidden tang, so easy on the hand.:thumbsup:
Regarding your new barlow Paul...Wow do you know how to pick 'em!!!:)
Beautiful bone, congratulations.

Last edited:
What a great Barlow James, I have it with the Drake Oil etch on the blade. Everything about it is quality, centered. solid and GORGEOUS saw cut bone covers:cool:

In keeping with the Barlow theme, this Schatt and Morgan Barlow came yesterday and I am totally impressed. Centered and solid stainless blades, .925 sterling silver inlaid shield, brown jigged bone. I want to pick up some more Queen made knives since it's future is in question. Glad I got this one:thumbsup:
kpoXMX.jpg
That jigging is pretty darn good stuff! :thumbsup:

Awesome Neal! Looks real good! Congrats:thumbsup:
Outside pics make all the difference, don't they?

A54E9177-F1D1-4900-9B28-A7B9A0C6B8F2.jpeg 8A0B2ABC-A0E2-44F2-A713-13D7C1A74AAC.jpeg 32B02547-3560-4907-907E-A51379C8F5EE.jpeg 1416E077-F1BF-4AD7-980D-0156CA05A904.jpeg For those interested in the liners. Sorry about the repeat photo, couldn’t get it down. I had to reduce the clarity(how much memory capacity each photo had) to get these to upload. The carving is very similar to what one might see on a sheath, or belt , or purse. I recall my mother making leather goods in the 70’s-early 80’s with these types of designs. Still common on sheaths today. The liners have the same pattern, reversed from each side; leaves me wondering if somehow this was machine done on a roll of brass? copper? liners, that were then used on some series of knives. Idk, that is pure speculation on my part; maybe Jake ( @supratentorial ) or black mamba black mamba or knowtracks knowtracks might offer some insight. Can’t recall who posted the knife with similar liners, but I was curious about when it was produced. I wonder if they were already trying to use material up, in 2016, the year for this knife. Oh and it’s Whiskey Catalina Jigged Bone. Highly recommended, it feels as nice as it looks. Only things I like as much right now, are the ram scales on the RAT and the scales on my newest Krein. ;)
Thanks, Neal
PS-should have spread this out over several days, but I got excited!:rolleyes::D:cool:1416E077-F1BF-4AD7-980D-0156CA05A904.jpeg

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb -thanks! And yes it definitely does! Debated taking more of another...didn’t want to push my luck.:rolleyes::p
@Will Power -sorry Mate! You had the small Barlow!@Venice - Canoe or B Babalu32 ’s Gunstock are both near the top of what I want next. I’m getting some of these while possible, even if it chews up custom funds. (Tom Krein will understand:) I’m actually having dinner with him later this month. Incredibly lucky. Tom is a brilliant guy to be around.) Besides, I may need something reground. Regrinds of Queens from Tom seem to be rarish, but it’s all about getting a good cutter, eh?
Thanks, Neal

HeathH HeathH -thanks sir! I’ve been doing a lot of looking for Queen, etc. lately. Definitely seen some Robesons I’d like to add to the family. My first and only Muskrat, as well as a Railsplitter. I might be good on the first(loving it), but need more of the second! I didn’t think about it at the time, but the latest #35 release, is similar to a Railsplitter, only a single spring one. Wish they had 440c even, on that one. The O-RAT is the same length as my BF Drover.
Thanks, Neal

Rick, that's another nice looking #43! I can definitely see the attraction to this pattern. It's much like the GEC 57s.

Thanks, Lance. I had a GEC Half Whit awhile back and I agree that they are very similar. Oddly, I was just telling Jeff and Tom over breakfast recently that I don't care for the Whittler blade arrangement. So what do I do? Go and buy one a week later.:confused:

I forgot to get a picture but this is a split backspring design (I think that's what it's called) where the secondary blades have their own separate springs and the large blade rides on both springs. There's a brass piece that separates the springs and gradually tapers to the end where the springs finally come together. It's nicely executed.

Thanks, Lance. I had a GEC Half Whit awhile back and I agree that they are very similar. Oddly, I was just telling Jeff and Tom over breakfast recently that I don't care for the Whittler blade arrangement. So what do I do? Go and buy one a week later.:confused:

I forgot to get a picture but this is a split backspring design (I think that's what it's called) where the secondary blades have their own separate springs and the large blade rides on both springs. There's a brass piece that separates the springs and gradually tapers to the end where the springs finally come together. It's nicely executed.
Yep! I'm a fan of the split back Whittlers, especially on that frame. You're going to make me buy another knife that I don't need! ;):rolleyes::D

Back