Queen, S&M, and related brands pic thread

35df487fadb7f692a6352610a74c362e.jpg

I have been meaning to post a photo of this Moore Maker, which I am assuming was made by Queen. It's NOS, which I recently acquired, but it was made in 2006. If anyone can confirm for me it is Queen made, i would appreciate it. I can tell you , it has perfect walk and talk, better than any other stockman I own (Schrade, Camillus, Buck, Case, GEC...)

IMG_20180728_074049_kindlephoto-131334883.jpg

30574886-A772-4D01-AE1D-9483F0AC4221.jpeg Just got this Queen Workhorse Stockman.
It has cheap nylon jigged covers but other than that it’s a mighty fine knife.
Walk and talk is excellent, no spring gaps, and the pulls are nice and hard with great snap closing.
The coolest thing is the proud pins on the bolsters, I have a few traditionals and this is my first with that.

The edges aren’t the best but that is an easy fix.
For 30 bucks I am happy to have this little beast in 1095 steel.

View attachment 955490 Just got this Queen Workhorse Stockman.
It has cheap nylon jigged covers but other than that it’s a mighty fine knife.
Walk and talk is excellent, no spring gaps, and the pulls are nice and hard with great snap closing.
The coolest thing is the proud pins on the bolsters, I have a few traditionals and this is my first with that.

The edges aren’t the best but that is an easy fix.
For 30 bucks I am happy to have this little beast in 1095 steel.
I’ve handled a workhorse Whittler, and a workhorse Barlow, they were both very well made.

That is a Beauty right there!:thumbsup: But the early F&W knives are 420HC not carbon, later knives were made with ATS34. :)

Dave
This one is Queen carbon according to the tang. I have a Queen two blade teardrop with the same markings that I use and it patinas just like my GEC carbon. The blade is marked Factory sample if that changes things.

Does one of the tangs have DFC stamped on it? If so, then newly made, not an early File & Wire.

Does one of the tangs have DFC stamped on it? If so, then newly made, not an early File & Wire.
I know!! It drives me crazy when the Daniels took over they started putting the Saturn shield on any knife!o_O Before that it was only used on the File and Wire Series. The teardrop WW posted above even has the same wormgroove bone covers as the F&W knife from over 10 yrs ago!!
The only difference I can see is the match striker pull, the F&W knife has a nail nick.

Dave

I know!! It drives me crazy when the Daniels took over they started putting the Saturn shield on any knife!o_O Before that it was only used on the File and Wire Series. The teardrop WW posted above even has the same wormgroove bone covers as the F&W knife from over 10 yrs ago!!
The only difference I can see is the match striker pull, the F&W knife has a nail nick.

Dave
TT5Gpr9.jpg

Back