Question about a Silver Alox MiniChamp oddity

I recently purchased a Victorinox Silver Alox MiniChamp online. Overall, it seems well made and I'm quite satisfied by it, but there is one glaring oddity with it:

It has two spatulas / cuticle pushers, with one of the spatulas replacing the normal ruler. How unusual is a manufacturing error like this? I have a few other SAKs by Victorinox, and I haven't encountered anything like this with them. Other than the two spatulas, everything else seems up to standard, all functional and sturdy.

One other thing I noticed is the engraving plate has "victorinox" engraved in it, which is something I haven't seen with other alox models I have. I've seen also Alox Minichamps with blank engraving plates online as well. Is the victorinox engraving a semi-common occurrence?

I thank you to anyone read this, and to anyone who has insight to this oddity. Thanks again.

I have a silver ALOX mini-champ and one spatula and it has Victorinox in the engraving area. I'm not sure what the spoon is for myself. Personally I'd rather have something else as it will never see use but I think I'd keep one with two just the same. Kinda unique and if you inform them and show them they may do something to cover you on it. Let them know.

The engraving started with the USB intro. Guessing it's just easier to use the same scales throughout the entire 58mm alox line.

Back