Question about axis lock

Hello.

I got a few months old Mini Bugout and I have few questions about it.

1. It has a bit of side to side play. I’ve taken it apart and lubed it. It seems that I have to choose between freely dropping blade and blade play. Alternative way to remove all play is to flick the knife open harder than normally.

2. The second question is about the axis lock (bar). When the knife is in locked position the bar is slightly crooked. It seems that the bar has more contact with one side of the tang (if that’s the correct term for it). I’ve also added two pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/m32EF1H

Are these “issues” normal or there’s something wrong with my BM?

Thanks

The two issues could be related. Tighten the pivot until you remove the side to side play and see if the axis lock is still crooked. For what it's worth i have two axis knives and neither of them have a freely dropping blade and they do not wiggle at all.

Alternative way to remove all play is to flick the knife open harder than normally.

You might also see if, after opening the knife normally (not harder than usual), snapping the Axis bar down and back -- as if you were going to close it, but without closing it -- does the trick.

You might also see if, after opening the knife normally (not harder than usual), snapping the Axis bar down and back -- as if you were going to close it, but without closing it -- does the trick.
If I pull the axis lock back and let it go with open blade then it snaps back into the lock position eliminating blade play. It still might end up a tiny bit crooked.

Just wanted to say thank you for the tip from Dadpool. Had an older 154 cm Mini Grip and could never get that last little bit of side to side play out. Was looking around and saw this post and gave it a shot. I can't believe how well it worked. So simple and effective. Fixed an itch I couldn't scratch. Preaching to the choir here but wow getting the blade and action dialed in gives new life to my Benchmade. Again thanks to all who weighed in.

Just wanted to say thank you for the tip from Dadpool. Had an older 154 cm Mini Grip and could never get that last little bit of side to side play out. Was looking around and saw this post and gave it a shot. I can't believe how well it worked. So simple and effective. Fixed an itch I couldn't scratch. Preaching to the choir here but wow getting the blade and action dialed in gives new life to my Benchmade. Again thanks to all who weighed in.

I can't remember where I originally read that tip/trick, but it was probably here. Glad it helped! :)

Back