Question about EDC steel used for the handle

Hello all,

I am beginning to think that the talonite EDC is very high on the bang for the buck list, and am strongly considering getting one.

The reviews and comments have been great.

My question is - is the steel that the handle is made from a bit "out of step" with the quality of the talonite blade? What I do not want to buy is a package where the handle feels cheap, but the blade is to die for. If that is the case, I will probably keep on saving to buy the real McCoy from DDR, though this will take a while.

I would appreciate comments from anyone who has used their EDCs hard and/or those who own the talonite EDC.

Thank you in advance!:)

Geode,

Get one. I felt the same way, and then I bought one. The handle is finished superbly. The matte gold titanium screws and clip are an awesome accent. I believe the handle is coated with a proprietory finish called "slick matte". I carry mine every day, hence the name, and there are no signs of wear at the high points. Seems durable to me.

Granted the real DDR EDC is more upscale, I'm not afraid to use and seriously enjoy the CUDA version. Plus, Talonite is so much fun to use, you'll go out of your way to find things to cut!!

Back