Question About Inlaid Knives

Those of you who carry the inlaid versions of 21s or Inkosis: Do the thicker grips make them uncomfortable to carry in the front pocket?

For the small, I don't even notice the difference in pocket. For a large, this is a slight difference in feel but it's very minimal. Not enough to even worry about IMO.

I routinely carry small versions of both in the front pocket, and the slight increase in thickness is barely noticeable.

(I can also tell you that the pockets on women’s jeans/pants are ridiculously small, so I’d probably notice if the inlays made a big difference.)

I really like my PJ versions, but I think my inlayed variants get more pocket time. They seem to just feel more comfortable in my hands. I have a new-to-me large crosshatch on the way though so that may change in a couple of days.

I just got my first inlayed Inkosi & I haven't noticed any difference in pocket carry from my pj Inkosi or Wilson 25. While I wouldn't call the the pj grips slippery, the starburst pattern of the Wilson & the slightly raised inlays on the Inkosi just seem to give them a better feel in my hand.

I was afraid that's what everyone would say. Now I need to get an inlay. I'll try and hold out until the 31s get released.

I was afraid that's what everyone would say. Now I need to get an inlay. I'll try and hold out until the 31s get released.

Wait!!!

You didn't actually think that we'd try to talk you out of it did you? :)

I think you’re right to wait for a 31 instead of grabbing a 21 immediately (unless you can afford to do both), so now you move on to the questions of which inlay to choose (5 options there) and whether or not to treat yourself to a damascus blade (3 options there).

I have carried lots of CRK inlays. Pocket carry has made zero difference. The only difference you notice is that they are slightly fuller in hand.

Super late to the party. but I regularly carry both the PJ large 21 and the inlay large inkosi. In pocket absolutely no difference. In hand I prefer the inlay. So much so I'm getting a large 21 woody Damascus. Cant want for the 31's. As a lefty its gonna be months before there are any out in the wild. I didn't order one so I'll be waiting a bit longer the most. Plus I really like the 21's.

Back