Question about Leather Knife Slips

I’m just wondering if you reuse your leather knife slips for different knives or buy a leather slip for each knife?

I make my own. I have several knives that fit in each.

WulnJn3.jpg

B6rY6fQ.jpg

I've got a bunch. Mostly home made. But I use each for many different knives also. Just depends on what seems to fit best, dimension and/or style.

I've got a pile of them also, collected over the years. A few are dedicated to a particular knife. Some days I'll use a slip that sits in my pocket, other days a dangler, which I do prefer for slip joint knifes.
I carry a William Henry OHO pretty much everyday. They do have a dedicated clip pouch, as opposed to a clip on the knife.
Mix and match, I guess, best describes how I use them.
BvbtD9K.jpg

ehUek3Y.jpg

image.jpeg image.jpeg I haven't worn out any slips yet, but I am amazed by the variety out there.image.jpeg

My concern was that if you use a leather slip for a single blade knife and then put a two blade knife in that the thicker knife could stretch the leather so that it no longer holds the single blade knife

One thing I've noticed is that a slip with a square cut bottom stays upright in my front right jeans or shorts pocket much better than a slip with a rounded bottom. Sadly, the vast majority of slips seem to have the rounded bottoms.

Andrew

Back