• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Question about sales dispute with a member

This claim info deals with domestic shipping, Lance Leon lives in Singapore so his case is different (he has a thread on it in the GBU as well).

International information is in generally the same location. Although I had forgotten he was international; and it was not part of the response. Thanks for the reminder.

Huh interesting. When I checked the USPS website it seemed to want the receipt for the mailing, which as the buyer was not in my possession, but maybe I misread it.

Ulf maybe it will work if you send PayPal the tracking # for the package that did arrive with a pic of the package showing that sender's address and a receipt w/tracking # for that item?
I have only had to submit one claim with USPS and it was a couple of years ago. I remember at that time, to submit a claim, you had to have proof of acceptance by USPS. Since I found that out, I have always gone to the counter to get a receipt (in case it never shows up in the tracking data).

Huh interesting. When I checked the USPS website it seemed to want the receipt for the mailing, which as the buyer was not in my possession, but maybe I misread it.

Ulf maybe it will work if you send PayPal the tracking # for the package that did arrive with a pic of the package showing that sender's address and a receipt w/tracking # for that item?

Good idea and it's going to have to be something like that. PayPal already denied my claim tho now and not sure they will help me. Ups maybe. I can't get them on the phone, or paypal. Hrs upon hrs of waiting. The website I made the purchase from doesn't even exist anymore. Lmfao. Definitely hesitating buying from sites haven't really heard of before, even with paypal. It's so frustrating trying to get ahold of anyone from PayPal or ups, might just call it a lesson learned. Only buying from major online retailers again.

I hope you got your situation figured out, too.

The previous posts are all right in that its the sellers responsibility. I'd suggest you post the sellers BFC name and actual name / address as well. That way we can avoid this guy in the future.

I have only had to submit one claim with USPS and it was a couple of years ago. I remember at that time, to submit a claim, you had to have proof of acceptance by USPS. Since I found that out, I have always gone to the counter to get a receipt (in case it never shows up in the tracking data).

I had to submit two claims in the entire time I've been on the forum. One was for a passaround and it worked out exactly as you would expect. Effectively, just fill in the form, sign the affidavit, and provide evidence of value. I had a check in hand a couple of weeks later.

would be interesting to know the weight of package when shipped..usps should be able to provide the info if you give them the tracking # any other carriers involved should have weighed it as well so you could pinpoint when it was removed by any change in weight if in fact anything was ever removed

PayPal has always done me right and refunded my money, even on damaged stuff. But I always take many photos and sometimes a video of everything.

Back