Question about the Arrow

Lee D

BANNED
quick question, I ordered an Arrow folder last night, and the "made in Taiwan" got me thinking, are these knives made in the same facility as the Rat I & II knives?
I ask because I'm hoping for the same "bang for the buck" type quality.

Thanks,
Lee

Lee D,

Yes. Same the same general contractor and sub contractor. Same quality and great price. Just a different designer.
Thanks for your patronage.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Thank you sir, I'll be sure to add to this post when I receive it.

Ok, I'm not the best at write-ups so I'll keep this pretty simple.

Pros...
Perfectly centered blade that arrived sharp enough to leave a bald patch on my arm with one swipe. It's light, slim (completely linerless on one side but you really have to apply pressure to get the G10 to flex so I'm ok with the design), and the blade tucks away into the handle all making it very easy to carry despite being a mid sized (by my definition) folder. I put a drop of oil on the pivot, and it opens very slick and it locks up tight with no blade play in any direction whatsoever.

Cons...
Only two things stood out to me, one being the thumb stud took a little getting used to, as it nearly disappears into the G10 when closed and just stands out enough to allow for your thumb to catch it when you brush across the surface of the scale. I found that if I use the the first joint on my thumb and not the tip, it opens without any issues. Just took a little getting used to. If you like a slim discreet knife with clean lines, it's right up your alley.

Second issue, and this may not bother some of you, the G10 is very grippy. I'm talking Emerson grippy. I don't mind it so much, I have Emersons and I like the added traction it gives. I can see it being a bit rough on the pockets tho.

Basic review, again, I was not blessed with the gift of gab, so I hope this helps anyone considering the OKC Arrow. Very well made product and I'm glad I added it to my collection...I have a modest collection of folders, knives that cost me $15-$25 (Opinels and SAKs) up to a couple XM-18s and a small Sebenza, and this definitely fills a niche for me. Any questions I'll do my best to answer.

Enjoy your Sunday guys and gals,
Lee D

Last edited:
I have been EDCing mine for about 6 months now. Love the lightness of the knife, for this reason it finds its way into my pocket more often, in place of heavier knives. The grippiness of the G10 handle slabs and the tight pocket clip make it a bit tough on the pocket. Have bent my clip outwards, carefully, a bit, works much better now.

I've had mine for awhile. I use it for lawn chores and EDC when I want light &pointy. Scrape the bottom of the mower with the back side and hack weeds with the edge. Holds up well. Nice knife, no complaints. Wonder why Ontario doesn't take their D2 a little harder, say 60 like Dozier does on his knives.

Back