Question about the boker folding hunter

Lately I've been thinking about thinning down my knives to just two folding hunters to EDC and I already have in mind a custom Buck 112 with Elk scales.
Heres my question, does anybody own a Boker stag folding hunter, is the quality good enough for edc.
boker-classic-pocket-knife-stag-112004st-large.jpg

I've seen another version with brass bolsters too.

I got myself the larger double-bladed folding lockback hunter in stag for Christmas. The stag is very nice and gnarly, but not so textured as to be annoying in hand. The fit and finish is quite excellent all around. Both blades lock up tight, no wobble, and both have very smooth actions and unlock easily without sticking. The belt sheath fits very tightly against the belt without flopping around, although I do wish the snap was fitted more securely. My knife's scales have started to mellow out nicely after almost a month of near-constant pocket carry.

The steel isn't the hardest, but it does sharpen easily and takes a fine hair-popping edge. All in all, I couldn't be happier.

I got myself the larger double-bladed folding lockback hunter in stag for Christmas. The stag is very nice and gnarly, but not so textured as to be annoying in hand. The fit and finish is quite excellent all around. Both blades lock up tight, no wobble, and both have very smooth actions and unlock easily without sticking. The belt sheath fits very tightly against the belt without flopping around, although I do wish the snap was fitted more securely. My knife's scales have started to mellow out nicely after almost a month of near-constant pocket carry.

The steel isn't the hardest, but it does sharpen easily and takes a fine hair-popping edge. All in all, I couldn't be happier.

Very nice stag on that boker, not quite the model I am looking for but, thanks.

I have a Boker FH same pattern as in the OP but with Ebony (or African Blackwood ?) handles and it is superb in every aspect. Glass smooth opening & closing and rock solid lockup & feels perfect in-hand.
These same knives are also sold with a Henckels branding, sometimes for a higher price even though it is the exact same knife except for markings & shield.
If i can find it and it stops snowing i'll take a pic & post it.
kj

I have a Boker FH same pattern as in the OP but with Ebony (or African Blackwood ?) handles and it is superb in every aspect. Glass smooth opening & closing and rock solid lockup & feels perfect in-hand.
These same knives are also sold with a Henckels branding, sometimes for a higher price even though it is the exact same knife except for markings & shield.
If i can find it and it stops snowing i'll take a pic & post it.
kj

I got a bad impression when I bought a fixed blade from Boker, I'll give another go and save up for the folding hunter. Next month I suppose I'll order my custom Buck 112, not sure about the scales but I'm leaning on Elk antler.

Last edited:
Back