Question about Wilson Star-Benza models

Looking for photos, please, comparing the Large 21 with the Large Inkosi, either the Wilson Combat versions or the plain jane CRK versions.

Comparison photos. Wilson Tactical Star-Benza Large on top, original plain Inkosi Large on bottom.

Full size/rez photos at: https://flic.kr/s/aHskxRvN71

26988117088_e37c11b18b_b.jpg

26988118088_37d39e34db_b.jpg

40149742724_1a601af2ab_b.jpg

40149744644_503a758a9d_b.jpg

Beautiful pieces and wonderful photos -- thank you!

Those two are based upon the same knife.

I'm actually looking for photos that compare these two -- the Large 21 and the Large Inkosi. In either the standard CRK model or the Wilson Combat Star-Benza versions. I particularly want to compare blade shapes.

Beautiful pieces and wonderful photos -- thank you!

Those two are based upon the same knife.

I'm actually looking for photos that compare these two -- the Large 21 and the Large Inkosi. In either the standard CRK model or the Wilson Combat Star-Benza versions. I particularly want to compare blade shapes.

No, they are not the same knife! The top knife is the large Wilson Tactical Star-Benza (a Large Sebenza 21) and the bottom knife is the large, plain jane Inkosi. I'm fairly certain that is what you are asking for: Large 21 and Large Inkosi, right? Blade shapes remain the same whether Wilson Tactical or CRK.

You are correct, of course -- my bad.
And thank you again!

Would you say that the two blades are the same size?
Or is the Large Inkosi blade a bit wider?
It has always reminded me of the Large Regular.

Using a dial calipers and measuring out 1.0 inch towards the tip from the front of thumb stud, which is about the middle of the straight part of the edge:

Large Sebenza 21 blade width = 1.026
Large Inkosi blade width = 1.057

40859209011_6234a48b19_b.jpg

Last edited:
So my eyes do not deceive me about the Inkosi blade being just a bit wider -- many thanks!

Sadly, all but one of my large CRK folders were stolen. I can't afford to replace them all. And I now prefer smaller, more EDCable models.

But that large Inkosi Wilson version is calling to me. Perhaps it will find a home with my Small Inkosis.

Thanks for your help!

Wilson usually runs sales around holidays with armed service association, like Memorial Day. Keep a watch on their listings and you may see a 30 or so dollar reduced sale price. I was lucky to get several of them during those sales. I suppose calling them may be a way to learn if they are planning to do that.

A Starbenza 21 is calling my name. I swore my next CRK would be some kind of graphic though since I don’t have one of those yet. I guess these grooves could loosely be called a graphic.

A Starbenza 21 is calling my name. I swore my next CRK would be some kind of graphic though since I don’t have one of those yet. I guess these grooves could loosely be called a graphic.

You won't be disappointed, the grooves hide the wears marks IMO a lot better.

I had the PJ 21 3x , Unique x2, Starkosi followed by CF 21.

I finally decided the WC 21 Large is the one. It took a while but I am very excited.

I like the WC models. They are asthetically pleasing patterns, and hide wear a little better as previously stated. For the small I personally prefer the Inkosi (my small starbenza just sits in a drawer now), but I like the large a lot. Almost as much as I like the L21 Micarta. :thumbsup:

They also offer it @ 20% off for Active Mil/Leo. Huge plus

Large is always the way

The Micarta is almost a tie for me. WC wins by a hair for sole user.

Reactions: BP_
The bonus with a starbenza is you get milling on both scales!! :D

The bonus with a starbenza is you get milling on both scales!! :D

That is certainly a huge plus. It looks awesome and the added grip is noticeable. When I'm outside in the fall and winter with dry hands smooth handles are very slippery for me.

This thing will have no issues in the " Vaseline Factory" N.S. ;)

downloadfile~2.jpg

Back