Question for 25-connoiseurs

On the Sebenza 25 the "machining assistant hole" on the presentation side is gone.
What about the tiny litle slot in the slab near the Pivot of a Sebenza/Mnandi? I speak of the extension/lengthening of the cut that seperates the bar from the rest of the handle; probably caused by the dive in/out of a circular saw blade. You only notice it when you disassemble your knife.
Do you 25-connoisseurs know your knife well enough and can tell us, please?

To my recollection, the lockbar is cut with a waterjet in the 25, so that little notch you speak of is not there.

Thank you! Nice to hear about the evolution - though it is accompanied by the loss of the bushing system.
I wonder if the Sebenza itself will see any further updates in the future. My speculation: the Sebenza and its producing machines have come to their final production stage.
Wait - these procucts often are the best! They are proven and reliable, simply no need to change them.
The Inkosi is the new star on CRK heaven. To me it´s like the change Volkswagen ventured from good old Beetle to Golf. Without this change the company would not have survived. I hope the Inkosi has enough innovative potential to compete against monoframes and other sophisticated drafts.

Thank you! Nice to hear about the evolution - though it is accompanied by the loss of the bushing system.
I wonder if the Sebenza itself will see any further updates in the future. My speculation: the Sebenza and its producing machines have come to their final production stage.
Wait - these procucts often are the best! They are proven and reliable, simply no need to change them.
The Inkosi is the new star on CRK heaven. To me it´s like the change Volkswagen ventured from good old Beetle to Golf. Without this change the company would not have survived. I hope the Inkosi has enough innovative potential to compete against monoframes and other sophisticated drafts.

I really hate to agree with you here but you bring up some questions about the future of CRK that I have going on in my small head. I don't question if the Sebenza is here to stay; but the 21? I can't help but wonder...

There have been rumors of Mr. Reeve having the company for sale for quite some time (for a low price IMO). With the design changes that the Inkosi (and even the 25) bring, it makes me question if Mr. Reeve is trying to set up his successor with a design that is not that of the 21 but still keeps the quality and the integrity of the brand intact. I can't help but wonder if he wants the 21 to be HIS legacy?

Many, including myself, absolutely love the 21 and the perfect tolerances behind its bushing system. If it is to go by the wayside, the only way that I would personally like to see it go is with Mr. Reeve. I think that would be a perfect legacy to leave. It would make it his.

Last edited:
Back