Question For Flashlight Guys

Wow - nice accumulation there, Jeff! I only have a few, and one of them that I carry every day was given to me as a gift. The others are just little Proton keychain lights (very good though and great gifts) - and a couple others that I have accumulated over the years.

It should not be long before I can start really moving into our new house and getting all my toys and tools out again....

best

mqqn

Haven’t purchased any new lights for a while, but I couldn’t resist this one. Lumintop FW3A (SST-20 version). Great tint and 1600 lumens on turbo.

znZj93r.jpg

xLMZ5at.jpg

XZ6uxjP.jpg

Jeff

Sorry for the double post, can’t figure out how to remove the image!

znZj93r.jpg

Last edited:
Felt like kerputzing today instead of doing something constructive. Consolidated my 15 year flashlight collection for gun safe storage.

udY1IiL.jpg

Jeff
I got a brass maratac from my jk santa. It reminds me of the old L shaped flashlights I had back in the day as a young private.

Sorry for the double post, can’t figure out how to remove the image!

znZj93r.jpg
I do have one of those old surefire e1e I think it is executives. But the bull h as s burnt out sadly so it sits in a shoe box. Bought that on a base in Iraq a long time agi

Felt like kerputzing today instead of doing something constructive. Consolidated my 15 year flashlight collection for gun safe storage.

udY1IiL.jpg

Jeff

You've got some real beauties there. I'll have to post a pic of my small but eclectic collection.

I do have one of those old surefire e1e I think it is executives. But the bull h as s burnt out sadly so it sits in a shoe box. Bought that on a base in Iraq a long time agi

You can get an LED drop-in to replace the old incan bulb. You’d really enjoy the update of that classic little light!

Jeff

Thanks Andy. Was that the one Bill gave us?

Jeff

I still have the one Uncle Bill gave us - it is in console tray of my truck and has been since I was lucky to receive it from Bill at the Gathering.

One of my friends at work gave me a Fenix with an American Flag etc that I replaced my EDC Fenix of the same model, sans etch.

Off topic - when are you visiting us down here in Winchester?

best

mqqn

jds1 jds1 Here ya go. How do you like the FW3A?
Lots of Legos and I have a still Malkoff Hound Dog in my car.
fZu3Iv8.jpg

I still have the one Uncle Bill gave us - it is in console tray of my truck and has been since I was lucky to receive it from Bill at the Gathering.

One of my friends at work gave me a Fenix with an American Flag etc that I replaced my EDC Fenix of the same model, sans etch.

Off topic - when are you visiting us down here in Winchester?

best

mqqn

Next time we head down that way for a hike, I’ll give you a call for sure.

Would you be willing to head up this way for a 2020 cabin (Fall) Gathering?

Jeff

jds1 jds1 Here ya go. How do you like the FW3A?
Lots of Legos and I have a still Malkoff Hound Dog in my car.
fZu3Iv8.jpg

That is an awesome group of lights!

I’ve only had the FW3A for a couple of days, but I’m already a fan. The SST-20 has a nice tint and the optic makes it nice and floody. I ordered a few different Carclo optics to play with and an 18500 body to try.

The overall shape feels so nice that I placed an order for the FW1A Pro as well. Lots of juice and more throw!

Jeff

I just updated my E1 and E2 with Nichia 319 drop-ins. Beautiful neutral white tint.

Me6tYxY.jpg

Jeff

Back