Question for you guys

Just a quick pic... once you figure out the right angle and learn to control the blade, it'll typically work for you. Sure, such work is easier with a thinner, smaller, and lighter knife, generally, but with a little practice, one can get the job done. But I'm no expert... just learning as I go.

xmrxNNI.jpg

My bush knifes are as follows:

ASH2, B8LE, HogBadger, even a Scrapper 5 LE sometimes!

ETA: And if I can only have one, then I’m taking the ASH2!

;):):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I used my Mini Mean Street as a bush knife in a pinch not too long ago and it worked great. Plenty slicey enough for fuzzsticks and whatnot.

If I'm going into the woods for 5 days, OG Team Gemini and SOB are coming with me and there isn't much that couldn't be accomplished...took an Aurora instead of SOB on a couple trips, decent knife but isn't used as often...somewhat jealous when brother has his TGLB.

I don't know the model name of my little busse in elmax, but it's hands down the thinnest EDC fixed blade I have. It's thinner than my Mora traditional.

Busse makes a huge range of knives. Based on the ones I've gotten, their edges are excellent out of the box and not overly thick or thin. They're a nice middle ground where I'd feel comfortable feathering, but also chopping with my larger knife. The only reasons I'm re-profiling the knife is because I've never had a chance to sharpen INFI, I love re-profiling to make a knife exactly how I want the edge to behave and I know I can try out different edges and the steel will be fine. If you tossed me a Busse and told me it'd be my only knife in the backwoods for a few months, I wouldn't be worried - based on the fit and finish of every one I've seen and the ones I've received. Outside of custom work, that doesn't happen often.

I've never heard of quality control issues, nor have I heard of problems with the edge from the multitude of people outside of this forum that have Busse knives of their own.

Back