Question? How to date a Randall #24 guardian

u.hansen

Gold Member
Is there a way (without the paperwork) to date a Randall #24 guardian? ...Sheath ?.. spacers? blade stamp? Seams like there dating is a little different.
I bought your book and quick guide(written by Melvin-Purvis), Loaned out the book...never returned and the quick guide doesn't help (me) much.
This is the second Randall I've owned. First one was a Model #2 (1973) I bought from TuneFink at Blade show several years ago. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Is there a reference book specific to this model a guy should buy?
Having watched the Bay for a while I've noticed the sheaths ,spacers and blade width has changed over the years.
Thought it would be nice to have one from each era.

Sure, you have a Gold membership, post up some photos and I'll see what I can do. It's going to come down to handle material and shape, blade stamp, and sheath type/stitching; if all are common it's a 'new knife' and the rest, other than condition doesn't matter.

Sorry to hear you didn't get your book back; I loaned my Levine's 4th Guide (the last good one) to a 'friend' and that cocksucker moved a week later; in the wind, he changed his number, left social media and blocked me on Messenger. That kinda shit sticks with a guy...

Melvin-Purvis Melvin-Purvis ,
Here's a Pic..The knife here is 7/8" wide and 1/8" thick..spacers (red,white,blue,white,red)
0d03ECI.jpg

Thanks again U.-H.

It looks like a current production variant to me, and that’s as close as I can get. Sorry.

Back