Question regarding Kabar 1210 Bowie

Hey guys,

I have my eye on a KaBar 1210 bowie that’s up for grabs. The seller does not know the steel, and I have not been able to figure it out based on internet searches. It’s listed as Vintage, does not have a stag handle... it may be bone or synthetic, and seems to have had stains or rust on the blade that has since been cleaned. Does anyone here know? Thanks in advance.

—Anthony

The 1210 used "standard Kabar" 1095CV. The handles came in stag and wood for certain as I have one of each. Whether they ever came with bone handles, I don't know. edit - I'm not sure if the stag handled one is factory stag or if someone did a really good job on rehandling it.

The 8001 came with green bone handles.

Gunsil may have a late 60s or early 70s catalog that specifies the details, but he really concentrates on the pre-1966 stuff.

Last edited:
ZZZY has it right. The early ones were only stag, then they added wood and the KCC edition of Stag and green dyed bone ones. If it has rust and a wood handle it doesn't have a lot of monetary value. Unused stag ones usually can be had for less than $150 with sheath.

Thanks, I thought it would be fun to use if I could snag it at a reasonable price

Back