Recommendation? Question Regarding Narwhal

Hi-

This is my first post on this forum, so if this question has been asked before I apologize in advance.

How rare are Randall Made Knives with narwhal as a handle material? Can anyone provide any pricing guidelines on what narwhal would add in price to a knife? For example, let's say a #12 9" with #14 grind is $850 with a couple bells and whistles - what would it be roughly with a narwhal handle?

I am aware of the documents needed to own an ivory handled knife, if one were to become available. I am also aware of the environmental factors associated with ivory.

Thank you for any input you can provide.

Obsessed, welcome. Narwhal handled RMK's are fairly rare. So, you have the price of the knife as ordered, whether through RMK directly or an authorized dealer that sells at cost, the cost of the customer sourced and supplied material (cut to size in advance), the shipping cost of said material to RMK or dealer, and a $50 surcharge for using non-stock material. As to your question, the answer is two-part; I don't know the cost of the narwhal material, so you'll have to research that on your own - and, if you're considering buying (or selling) an already built knife, the cost falls between what a buyer will pay and a seller will take. Hope that helps.

M-P

Thank you so much for your reply and input. I am starting to believe that the chances of obtaining a Randall with a narwhal handle is very slim. If I do find one I have not been able to find any comparable pricing on the internet. I did find several postings on the old Randall forum but they were only pictures that did not have any pricing. It also seemed that a couple of collectors had cornered the narwhal market.

Thanks again...I will continue on my search...I know a lot of other handle material exists that is a little easier to obtain.

OWR

Back