Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Thank you Mr. Glesser! I personally appreciate your good manners and class! :thumbup:

It's kinda funny, in a way. I'm a BIG Spyderco fan, but I hate the "round hole!" :D (I would love to have a Military in an Automatic, with the same lock back system as the Buck 110.)

I've just recently started collecting Spydies. I have Military's in CPM D-2 and S90V. I plan on buying one of the first in CPM M-4! :p:thumbup::p

As soon as I get that one in my pocket, I'll probably buy the others made from "lesser" :D steels!

Oh, BTW, I sure would like to be able to buy some of the smaller Spydies in S90V for xmas presents! :):)

Hello. I am not familiar with the "hole" issue and really do not care. I have never really been a fan of the Spyderco products ( I have an emotional issue with FRN, please don't ask I know it is irrational) However That being said, Spyderco is one of the american companies I have ALWAYS held in very high respect. The designs have been consistently well thought out, I have never looked at a spydie and not understood the intended purpose of the knife. The price point of the products have allways been
accessible and reasonable. The steel choices have been excellent, from practical to exotic. The sprint run concept is fantastic, for market research as well as just plain "trying out something new" reasons. Also Sal has always come across as a stand up guy who not only takes pride in his product, but is also not afraid to jump in there and get some work done, unlike most "business leaders".

Now for the good stuff. I just received my first Spyderco! The S90 military! WHOOO HOOO!!! This thing is great! The whole danged blade is polished, at least what I can see without taking it apart. Impressed I am, especially after reading about how hard to work with the s90 can be. Love the carbon fiber!

Any way keep up the good work and do not stop printing "earth" on the blades.

I am not familiar at all with the "hole issue". Probably better to stay that way.
I like the hole in the blade, caught my eye in the late 80s when I saw my first Spyderco Police model and bought it even though I thought the price was steep for a knife. Since then I have paid more for other companies knifes, but still carry my early model Military regularly.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I have no knowledge of the round hole issue, so this Sticky is a bit lost on me.

but i will say I have 6 spyderco's and the round holes work great!

They do. I just want to know what they do with all those little metal circles...hmmm.

Mostly they get thrown out, but I remember a forumite out on the Spyderco forum once worked something out with Sal.

I have 6 disks of S30V on my desk.:D

Spyderco makes the best knives period! If the hole had hair around it would you all be happy?

Just saw this sticky.

Don't know the hole issue either, don't care.

Whenever I see a knife with a opening hole in it I think Spiderco, even though some other company's have an opening hole also.

I like the opening hole, It works good for me.

Keep up the Classy business attitude Sal and company you have my respect, and business.

I wasn't aware of a "round hole issue", but on a guitar forum, the equivalent would be the dreaded, "Which is better, maple or rosewood?"

Y'all have a nice day and remember to mail me all your unwanted gold and silver. ;)

Looking at it as a renewed knife guy, I would say I found a Spyderco that I really like, the Delica G10 Foliage. I don’t know about other models, but my thinking is they have a trademark style that seems to work. My only complaint is it’s not made in the USA. Overlooking that fact because a good portion of the knives are made here, and the fact that this is the model I liked I could live with it. So Sal, try to keep more of the production here and ROCK ON!

For everyone saying that they "don't know about the round hole issue", correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it'd due to everyone saying that their oval openers, and their thumbstuds were better then the round hole, but once the patent expired, started using it on their knives.

Sal, you're a great guy, better then I'd be in your situation. :thumbup:

I love the opening hole, and I also think of Spyderco every time i see an opening hole of ANY shape.

My Blue PE Dodo is a phenomenal knife. I have many quality knives from other companies all over the high end production knife spectrum, and the Dodo can hang with ANY of them for out of the box sharpness and build quality.

If you have the where-with-all to appreciate a quality blade, then a Spyderco is money well spent.

Hello Sal,

I am sure that you do not remember me but we met more than
20 years ago at one of the Shot Shows I attended when gathering
material for my book "The Art of the Handgun" that was first published
here in Israel in 1991 with 400 original photographs.

When we met we had a nice chat and you gave me my first
Spyderco which I carried for many (MANY!) years in my pocket
wearing it down to near death... :)

Now, more than 20 years later, after creating and publishing
6 books on Art and Design in Modern Custom Knives, and collecting
only high-end custom folders from a few selected custom knifemakers,
I still have a soft spot in my heart for Spydercos... I collect all the
smaller models and always carry a small Spyderco with me.

If you email me your shipping address (for FedEx) to ddd@cc.huji.ac.il
I would love to send you one of my Art Knife books in return
for your introducing me so graciously to your amazing folders....

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Hi David,

Glad to hear from you. I'm pleased that you have enjoyed our designs.

I know that I have been impressed with two of your knife books. The custom fixed blade and custom folders.

Guy Rafaeli is our distributor in Israel and he brought your books to me as gifts when each was first published. Beautifully done with very exquisite selection of pieces.

I highly recommend them for any knife "afi" (aficianado). I actually go through them regularly. The true gift of the custom knifemaker is demonstrated in your art of their art.

My wife Gail said that she would really like a signed copy to share with the visitors to our museum / factory outlet store.

sal

If you really get sick of sig lines, there's a place in the Users CP (Control Panel) to edit options, where you can get rid of all the sig lines once and for all.

They could be melted down and used to make more blades,but they would be careful not to get them mixed in with other steel types.

Dunno about that, given that the steels (at least the CPM stuff) are created through particle metallurgy, doing that would create a very different steel from the original.

Back