Questions About How to Make Cold Steel Knives with Tri-Ad Lock Spring-Assisted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am just wondering, is there any way to make a Cold Steel knife with a Tri-Ad lock an AO one? And being that I have Asperger’s, I am having a hard time assessing what torsion spring to get for my Recon-1 from this link (https://www.thespringstore.com/springs-for-knives.html) in terms of the dimensions (if anyone can determine the size of the spring that is required for the Recon-1, I would very much appreciate it). Does anyone have a link to another website where I can send my knife so I could get it fitted for a spring without compromising any part of the knife?

Or you know you could just buy the AO one they make. It's called the Swift.

You can't just glue a spring on a knife and have it magically be assisted opening.

What does having Asperger's have to do with figuring out what spring might be needed?

You can't just jam a spring into any knife to make it a spring assist. You need to modify a lot of parts. And in the case of a Cold Steel the mod would cost more than the knife or most likely more than an actual spring assisted factory knife costs.

Short answer no.

Long answer no; a production knife is like the peak of a mountain. When you climb to a peak you can look around and see other peaks but you can't just leap to them. You have to go back down to the bottom and start a new ascent.

Or you know you could just buy the AO one they make. It's called the Swift.

You can't just glue a spring on a knife and have it magically be assisted opening.

What does having Asperger's have to do with figuring out what spring might be needed?

My having special needs can sometimes make things hard to figure out when they shouldn’t be. Like trying to figure out the measurements needed for the spring that I would need.

My having special needs can sometimes make things hard to figure out when they shouldn’t be. Like trying to figure out the measurements needed for the spring that I would need.
Then that worries me that you seem very obsessed with people attacking you.

Then that worries me that you seem very obsessed with people attacking you.
I appreciate your concern, but I know how to defend myself with my bare hands. I don’t actually believe that I am obsessed with people attacking me. I am just a self-defense enthusiast, that’s all.

Can't be done.
Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back