Questions for Ellie

Hello and thanks for your time,
two questions:
1. Are your sheaths compatible with a TeK-Loc?
2. Have you given any thought to placing a small kydex loop for a fire steel on your upcoming GSO4.5 bushcrafter sheath? (This would be awesome)

Cheers,
Thanks again, Ellie

Ellie, the information I had provided regarding insurance and what I was told by our local Post Master related to Intl. shipping labels which we generate using USPS.com or from PayPal itself (goes through Pitney Bowes). Endicia which you use (I became aware of this for the first time yesterday!), most probably has its own arrangement with the USPS regarding insurance and claims. What I can absolutely confirm is that Priority Mail Intl. costs are most definitely over $10 flat fee (by 3+ fold) which Survive! charges and that Survive! is subsidizing Intl. shipping costs! Heck even something as hefty as a GSO-10 to a domestic postal Zone 6 destination could cost around $20, but in the knife world it is kinda norm for buyers to get free domestic shipping from bigger dealers / suppliers / distributors!

two questions:

Saabs, check this out. Large Tek-lok fits well.

2C8C17E4-EA25-44D9-95D1-09263A24F70D.jpg

Thanks Clip, hopefully we get a ferro rod holder say 3/8" loop on the 4.5 bushcrafter and we are set!

Most orders shipped yesterday. Some of your orders were ready to ship yesterday, but I expect that more of them will be ready to ship by the time Monday gets here. So I held off on your shipping label until Monday. If they are ready, they all ship together. If they aren't, then the ones that are ready will ship Monday.

We should also remember that the knives from July 5th all sold out in less than 3 minutes.

The preorders definitely take priority, but if we come across Factory 2nds in the process, we make them available. If it makes sense to do so, we will try to combine your orders. If not, we will ship them separately.

Just FYI, despite the fact that I received the shipping notification on Friday 8/05, it appears that the package has not left your premises yet because the online tracking only shows the the USPS was notified that a shipping label was generated, but no movement on the actual package (or perhaps the pick up service did not take those packages to the USPS on Fri or Sat). I don't know if you just recently changed shipping Cos or whether they changed their notification format, but the most recent notice which I received looks different when I click onto the tracking link as compared to those notices which I had received in the months past!

Ellie,

I've sent you 2 PM'S & 2 emails thru Survive website trying to find out if Bone Linen scales are available on 4.1 preorder & 2.7 fact 2nds--I know it doesn't show available,but was wondering if maybe late availability?
Still waitin on answer?

Just FYI, despite the fact that I received the shipping notification on Friday 8/05, it appears that the package has not left your premises yet because the online tracking only shows the the USPS was notified that a shipping label was generated, but no movement on the actual package (or perhaps the pick up service did not take those packages to the USPS on Fri or Sat). I don't know if you just recently changed shipping Cos or whether they changed their notification format, but the most recent notice which I received looks different when I click onto the tracking link as compared to those notices which I had received in the months past!

I know from my experience with shipping plenty of click-n-ship orders is that the package could be well on its way and before you know it the package arrives at the destination before tracking (scanning from location to location) is even applied or all tracking shows on one day. I've given up a long time ago trying to figure out the USPS tracking system but still one of the most cost effective methods.

two questions:
2. Have you given any thought to placing a small kydex loop for a fire steel on your upcoming GSO4.5 bushcrafter sheath? (This would be awesome)

Cheers,
Thanks again, Ellie

1: Yep! We purposely put holes and slots in the sheaths so that folks have as many options as possible when it comes to customizing their carry.
2: We get a lot of requests for a ferro rod attachment. It comes down to there being too many sizes of available ferro rods in the world, so which size do we make the holder? We figured we would start to offer the attachment whenever we got around to having our own ferro rods to go with them. That way everything is to a standard size. But making/finding made ferro rods has become harder than expected. So many of the quality ferro rods out there are aligned with other knife companies, so that gets a bit awkward. As for making them ourselves, I think we can all agree that we have enough keeping us busy these days.

Then what do you do with the holders where the kydex shrinks up to anything that's not that size? We make too many to be able to go back and redo those, unless we charge quite a bit for them. Which seems silly since it is such a small thing that is usually simple but sometimes not.

I guess the best answer is: Yes, we have thought about it. But it's more complicated than you'd think and we don't have time to figure it out right now. Maybe someday.

We haven't changed anything, but usually we print the label and then drop the boxes off at USPS the same day. Our post office wants them there by 4 and occasionally I lose track of the afternoon. They are closed on Saturdays. We are also on the outskirts of town so if they don't have mail to drop off, they don't always come to our workshop. I think that batch of orders was just unlucky.

The work that Guy got done last month is all coming together now and we've had a lot shipping out, so we asked her to start coming around to check in on us every day.

Ellie,

I've sent you 2 PM'S & 2 emails thru Survive website trying to find out if Bone Linen scales are available on 4.1 preorder & 2.7 fact 2nds--I know it doesn't show available,but was wondering if maybe late availability?
Still waitin on answer?

No, we are phasing out the bone linen. For a few reasons: we weren't seeing many orders for it in the preorders, it seems to be hit or miss on the coloring for those, and they don't take to the micro texturing like the other linens for some reason. We will still get them in for the few existing preorders, but we are not taking any new orders for it.

There are a couple individuals who love to comment on the official facebook page after every Friday newsletter is posted. Can or should they be blocked or removed? They offer nothing worthwhile. You don't need to be a detective to figure it out, but their initials are JY and MM.

There are a couple individuals who love to comment on the official facebook page after every Friday newsletter is posted. Can or should they be blocked or removed? They offer nothing worthwhile. You don't need to be a detective to figure it out, but their initials are JY and MM.

That whole page should just be deleted all together. It's full of a bunch of opinionated D-bags that obviously couldn't read the fine print before ordering, or they're just there to stir the shit because they live pathetic lives and have nothing better to do. It's amazing what lonely people will do for attention.

I've been leaving those up, the whole free speech thing. It has been tempting to delete the page altogether, but someday we will have all of the preorders done and hopefully that sort of thing will stop.

I try not to ever discuss anything of importance on FB, it seems like the platform was built to encourage arguments...

I've been leaving those up, the whole free speech thing. It has been tempting to delete the page altogether, but someday we will have all of the preorders done and hopefully that sort of thing will stop.

Very patriotic of you ;)
You have much more tolerance than I do! Voicing concern is one thing, but these guys make dumb comments every month. Kinda like I said, you're nicer than I am!

I wonder how many good customers get information and updates through the page.

Saabs, check this out. Large Tek-lok fits well.

2C8C17E4-EA25-44D9-95D1-09263A24F70D.jpg

I wonder why everyone puts the Tek Lok on upside down? SO much easier to remove when mounted the other way. A quick flip of the thumb to unlock it, queeze it to open and slide it down right off of your belt.

1: Yep! We purposely put holes and slots in the sheaths so that folks have as many options as possible when it comes to customizing their carry.
2: We get a lot of requests for a ferro rod attachment. It comes down to there being too many sizes of available ferro rods in the world, so which size do we make the holder? We figured we would start to offer the attachment whenever we got around to having our own ferro rods to go with them. That way everything is to a standard size. But making/finding made ferro rods has become harder than expected. So many of the quality ferro rods out there are aligned with other knife companies, so that gets a bit awkward. As for making them ourselves, I think we can all agree that we have enough keeping us busy these days.

Then what do you do with the holders where the kydex shrinks up to anything that's not that size? We make too many to be able to go back and redo those, unless we charge quite a bit for them. Which seems silly since it is such a small thing that is usually simple but sometimes not.

I guess the best answer is: Yes, we have thought about it. But it's more complicated than you'd think and we don't have time to figure it out right now. Maybe someday.

We haven't changed anything, but usually we print the label and then drop the boxes off at USPS the same day. Our post office wants them there by 4 and occasionally I lose track of the afternoon. They are closed on Saturdays. We are also on the outskirts of town so if they don't have mail to drop off, they don't always come to our workshop. I think that batch of orders was just unlucky.

The work that Guy got done last month is all coming together now and we've had a lot shipping out, so we asked her to start coming around to check in on us every day.

No, we are phasing out the bone linen. For a few reasons: we weren't seeing many orders for it in the preorders, it seems to be hit or miss on the coloring for those, and they don't take to the micro texturing like the other linens for some reason. We will still get them in for the few existing preorders, but we are not taking any new orders for it.

In the meantime, I offer these. They are in several other threads. PM me to order.

$20.00 for the set in standard colors and $25.00 per set for Kryptek patterns.

ALL are U.S.A. made by me personally in my shop. All the hardware and the fire steel and loop is INCLUDED. Steel is 5/16" x 2-1/2".

5kprlz.jpg
[/IMG]
33joj8l.jpg
[/IMG]
2vhzllw.jpg
[/IMG]

I wonder why everyone puts the Tek Lok on upside down? SO much easier to remove when mounted the other way. A quick flip of the thumb to unlock it, squeeze it to open and slide it down right off of your belt.

THANK YOU!!! I also find it strange that they always seem to be mounted that way, and will even show it that way in videos/pics, but I always have mine mounted with the mouth UP and the hinge DOWN, I thought it was designed to be used that way when I first got one. :thumbup:

In the meantime, I offer these. They are in several other threads. PM me to order.

$20.00 for the set in standard colors and $25.00 per set for Kryptek patterns.

ALL are U.S.A. made by me personally in my shop. All the hardware and the fire steel and loop is INCLUDED. Steel is 5/16" x 2-1/2".

:D I try not to compete too much in this arena, I don't make knife sheaths except on demand, but I will mention that I also offer firesteel loops for industry standard rods (5/16), you can see one below mounted to my CfV 4.7 sheath along with the UKE and a Coghlan's rod. They are $5 with hardware included, but I try not to sell them separately from a UKE since the shipping charge for something as small as this is still ~$3. :) They are super easy to make.

0tP1rXcaNdDIqjbmzKGE04n_9cNwgx_Bhyq2PNQZOkzte7x6y_TAUWVtPal86D0YzN7r2l6Ac8b-1Q=w1920-h1200-no
FaRWjSrSd6Pi-btsv9x_skuwsBCyDGkD6KzHpcxtiKHKLHNImw077qhJ3Az4VReNe-1D-h-f7qWoew=w1920-h1200-no
55mcR7wJicRWnNSwhMs4fwupEW6_bBm8OzrdCif5gw9wylfxHP1nR3zGq7-snh_3L9QeZiIdTcb9rQ=w1920-h1200-no

Back