Questions for Ellie

I won't say any of this is easy to understand, but I would like to believe that everything that can make it so confusing came out of listening to customers and trying to give several options to buy. That's what I think, but you can like it or love it or take it or leave it.

Presales aren't new, right? Haven't there been presales for most models as they get closer to production?

I know there are people who are taking advantage of this sale, but despite that, do we as customers think presales need to stop so focus can be given to what's already on order in the production schedule?

I'm befuddled by that announcement myself.

I am scratching my head over the negative reception of the 7/7 presales. I feel like I am missing something.
(no Im not trying to be smart a$$). I don't see the downside and thought it would be met with universal praise.

* It's opening up opportunity to people that missed the preorder.
* It's not discounted as much as the preorders so as to be fair.
* It's being released after the preorder to be fair.
* It is not adding or cutting in line and (shoudln't) slow down the que so is fair.
* It's seems logical and fair to sell off any refunded preorders and also some overstock..

am I missing something?

Last edited:
I think you're making a big assumption that they're selling Off Refunded sales. That could very well be the case, but unless
You have inside information, that's just speculation.

As far as putting up presales, it seems the biggest issue is, as always, delivery time vs. what is implied.

SO I ordered a 2.7 first in the July Pre-Sale but guys are getting their seconds before me. This is the most confusing way to buy a knife I've ever witnessed. If it weren't for Silver, I'd be lost completely.

I typed up a long rant when I saw the 7/7 thread. I haven't decided if I should post it or not.

I did the exact same. After seeing people take delivery of their seconds ordered after mine in similar configurations, and asking for revised shipping updates three times before they gave me a solid "by the end of the week" deadline (4x later than stated when ordered), then missing that deadline, I called and canceled $900 worth of presages and seconds sales. I like the knives but not enough to put up with the service. The upside is several people will be able to order the knives I had on order and hopefully take delivery of them.

I too have about $800 tied up with Survive right now and have thought about cancelling my order. I'm really not that frustrated with the wait but I keep thinking that I could use that cash on other items, like a new Ar-15. I should receive my 4.7 soon but my 6 and 12 could be awhile.

I too have about $800 tied up with Survive right now and have thought about cancelling my order. I'm really not that frustrated with the wait but I keep thinking that I could use that cash on other items, like a new Ar-15. I should receive my 4.7 soon but my 6 and 12 could be awhile.

Yep, and in Two years or whenever the gso 6,12 come out.. Ar-15's could be outlawed under Hillary. If Hillary wins, would probably cancel my remaining gso orders and put it towards firearms/ammo

Yep, and in Two years or whenever the gso 6,12 come out.. Ar-15's could be outlawed under Hillary. If Hillary wins, would probably cancel my remaining gso orders and put it towards firearms/ammo

I find it INCREDIBLE that he didn't ask for refunds after his GBU thread.

I just wish there was an end in sight for the 4.1. A year waiting and who knows when they'll start shipping? Not to mention, I'm pretty confident that when I ordered originally there was an estimated time of 3-6 months till delivery. Not 12-18-24-??
I would love to get my 2.7 and 4.1 but I'm constantly teetering on the fence of cancelling and going elsewhere just so I can actually get something in my hands I can use.
I also find it frustrating and a bit confusing that there is constantly new orders for new models coming up, limited editions and customs being made, seconds, ugly Betty's and so on when the original orders still remain unfilled. My two cents.
I just want to see some light at the end of this tunnel

I just wish there was an end in sight for the 4.1. A year waiting and who knows when they'll start shipping? Not to mention, I'm pretty confident that when I ordered originally there was an estimated time of 3-6 months till delivery. Not 12-18-24-??
I would love to get my 2.7 and 4.1 but I'm constantly teetering on the fence of cancelling and going elsewhere just so I can actually get something in my hands I can use.
I also find it frustrating and a bit confusing that there is constantly new orders for new models coming up, limited editions and customs being made, seconds, ugly Betty's and so on when the original orders still remain unfilled. My two cents.
I just want to see some light at the end of this tunnel

So what is your question for Ellie? She will not continue to check this page if there are no legitimate questions.

Dear Ellie,

Will t-shirts continue to become available as each model starts shipping? I have 3 shirts and will continue to add as they become available . I can't wait for the GSO 12 shirt. I am hoping for more colors too.

Thanks,
Jason

Ellie, will you have jade available for the GSO 12?
I think it would sell ;)

Not a question for Ellie, but an "ATTAGIRL." THANK YOU for the shipping thread. That is a bigger help than you probably realize. Well, speaking strictly for myself, that is.

Any update on GSO 4.7 presale orders? Yesterday's Friday Production Update did not mention them.

Any update on GSO 4.7 presale orders? Yesterday's Friday Production Update did not mention them.

My guess is that 4.7 and 2.7 presales weren't mentioned because they'll just naturally come after the respective preorders are filled.

I believe your answer is in the shipping thread that I mentioned above. At least it answered my question on the presales. That is why I came over here and thanked her. Unfortunately, it isn't a sticky yet (or wasn't last night), so you might have to search for her posts.

Dear Ellie,

Will t-shirts continue to become available as each model starts shipping? I have 3 shirts and will continue to add as they become available . I can't wait for the GSO 12 shirt. I am hoping for more colors too.

Thanks,
Jason

We are planning to have shirts for each model. We should also start to have some regular, logo style shirts in the near future.

Ellie, will you have jade available for the GSO 12?
I think it would sell ;)

Thanks to you and a few others I think the jade would sell on anything. We have very suddenly been getting a lot of requests for it. Fun fact: We almost didn't offer it on any of the preordering because it wasn't very popular. Even looking at the preorder numbers we weren't sure about keeping it. That has definitely changed. We weren't offering any G10 for the GSO-12 because it is designed to be used with a lot of force and didn't want people to lose hold of it. However, with the new microtexturing it might be something that is now feasible. We will do some testing once the blades exist and decide after that if G10 is something we are comfortable offering on those heavy hitters.

Back