Quick question

When you have a knife that has a very loose action what do you think is the solution?
Would new washers be enough to tighten this up some?

I sent the knife to CRK and had the washers replaced and asked for a more stiff action. When the knife came back the action was just the same. Blade will swing closed and hit your thumb if you let it. I measured the old washers and the extra set I had fitted and they are exactly the same. So just curious, was I wrong in thinking the washers would resolve this problem?

I have reached back out to CRK and they said this would require sanding of the pivot bushing.
Would this concern anyone? I know CRK knows there product and if they say so I have no problem with it. However wouldn't sanding down the pivot bushing also make the clearance between the handles change as well? Would this really be needed?

Has anyone had any experience with this? I am having a hard understanding how all this works.

Thanks in advance,

I think the stop pin bushing would still help space the scales at the front and the sanded pivot bushing woukd let you tighten things down a bit more. Just my thoughts though, no actual experience with having this done.

I diubt they would sand much and that tiny bit, whike doing the job would likely not even be seen on the spacing

I have seen this video but had completely forgotten about it. Thank you for posting Silverstonev8 Silverstonev8 ! I would say that this puts my concerns to rest.

Thanks BF

If CRK says they can do it, I would give them the chance to adjust the knife.

Before I’d put any part on sandpaper, I would take it apart and clean all the grease. Then I’d put it back together without any lube and see how that feels.

Ajack60 Ajack60 That's a great idea, wish I would have thought about that. I just sent her back to CRK. Pretty sure she will be in good hands. Bet I remember this going forward though. Thanks.

Back