Quick shipping on customized build

mikeymoto

Lifetime Platinum Membership
I was pleasantly surprised today to get a shipping notice on a customized Griptilian I ordered just 2 days ago. I've bought a couple customized knives before (several years ago) and I recall the process taking several weeks. Benchmade seems to have made serious improvements in fulfillment. Cool! :thumbsup:

I just got a custom build this week too... 7 days from order to my hand... And fit and finish was supurb! Very happy with my purchase!

I ordered a custom crooked river Sunday. Shipped last night. I was expecting a month. Pleasently surprised! Says delivery on Tuesday, so we shall see. Can't believe they got it done that fast!

How many more people did you hire, Benchmade? Lol

I ordered a custom mini cr last week and I haven't heard a peep from Benchmade...

Update, I received shipping info from Benchmade on Friday, so a week to the day from the time I placed my order. Thats not bad at all, now to wait on UPS...

Last edited:
I ordered a mini last week and got it Tuesday. I'm sending it back. Compared to my standard mini, my custom is missing a 1/8th of an inch of blade. Knife is perfect otherwise, great action, no blade play at all locked or unlocked. Just less blade than I paid for lol! Might ask them to change the 20cv to m4... Really enjoying the m4 blade on my super Freek.

I guess speed of completion depends on the configuration you choose. Mine might be popular (20cv, blue handles, backspacer, pivot, blacked out everything else).

My last Custom Shop took about 10 days total to be delivered. It was flawless in every way and is in my pocket right now. I just placed an order for a Crooked River in M4. While I don't like paying the cs price tag I do like getting a knife I like in the steel I want.

My other cs crooked river is great. Perfect in every way. All of my Benchmades are great, including the crooked river I sent in to warranty, came back perfect. They just got a little happy on the sharpening wheel on this knife. 1/16th to 1/8th too much blade taken compared to my standard mini Crooked River.

It will be fine. :thumbsup:

Back