Quick Survive! question

I sent them an email a few days ago asking about when the GSO 5.1 will be back in stock, haven't gotten an answer yet. I assume they are quite busy. But does anyone else possibly have an answer for this?

My apologies, I found their news release link in the manufacturer forum which answered the question.

Their shop is closed for a week or two. They are located in Gettysburg, PA, but are relocating to Idaho. They sent a newsletter saying they would be closed for a little while, as they are in Idaho looking for new shop space. Hope that helps.

I thought they had alreadt found a place --not so ! They'll be back Oct 27, Monday .I hope things work so I can place an order .

The Friday Update for October did not mention the 5.1. It gave a forecast for some other knives with the last of these being available at the start of the new year. I would guess that early 2015 would be the earliest for a 5.1.

But then again, didn't the most recent Facebook picture show a table full of 5.1's getting ready to be sharpened? Are these preorders or something? We're they not 5.1's?

They only list an item when its in stock. The preorder program is done. It allowed them to build liquid funds before the products were complete amd then reinvest the cash. They only did it in the beginning. Every knife that is in stock is complete, but unsharpened. The tet sharpened right before shipping. Every knife is hand sharpened buy Guy and his staff. Those knives were already sold. The tags had order numbers on them if you looked close.

Any guesstimates as to how many knives are offered when they open their doors again tomorrow? I'd like to order a 4.1, do I need to watch the website frequently through the day?

I'm just checking it daily. If the 5.1's aren't available til next year that's fine, gives me time to save up for one so that my wife doesn't kill me for dropping the cash all at once on "another silly knife" as she calls them.

I'm just checking it daily. If the 5.1's aren't available til next year that's fine, gives me time to save up for one so that my wife doesn't kill me for dropping the cash all at once on "another silly knife" as she calls them.

I feel like I've seen a few in the last couple weeks in the exhchange.

5.1(3V) / 3.5 (20CV) is my go to combo. 5.1 for anything I may ever need and 3.5 for lighter chores. They are awesome

^^^ +1, that's my thought process as well. Just waiting for them to ship, ordered the 5.1 a week after the 3.5

I sent them an email a few days ago asking about when the GSO 5.1 will be back in stock, haven't gotten an answer yet. I assume they are quite busy. But does anyone else possibly have an answer for this?

Sorry, I'm pretty behind on emails right now. You'll probably get a reply from me later tonight or tomorrow.

There are a few more GSO-5.1s from the last production run that needed to be refinished. We are also out of sheaths for those right now and limited on handle options. When everything is back in stock here we will get those listed again. After that it will be a few months until the next run will be done.

We had found a place, Mete, but we weren't able to get out there as soon as we would have liked and it ended up falling through. Right now we are planning to rent a space and keep our eyes out for something to buy in 2015.

Back