Quiet Carry Current

knife-quiet-carry-current-lc200n-1_1200x.jpg
IMG_4574_web.jpg

I haven't been this into a knife since Benchmade unveiled the Altitude. 3 inches of LC200N in leather or kydex for $200. I currently have the black one in my cart but can't decide which sheath I want. I've always liked the big belly of the Hidden Canyon but thought it was a little too short. This may be replacing the Altitude as my EDC.

Looks like a dandy slicer. BM used to have a small FB in D2 that was somewhat similar.
I think you're referring to the 15015 bone collector, essentially the Hidden Canyon except in D2 with different jimping and scales. Awesome knife.
benchmade-15015-bone-collector-fixed_1_541d1de23b435e38f9b3671b7fc85568.jpg

I just wanted something a little bigger and have heard nothing but good things about LC200N. 

I think you're referring to the 15015 bone collector, essentially the Hidden Canyon except in D2 with different jimping and scales. Awesome knife.
benchmade-15015-bone-collector-fixed_1_541d1de23b435e38f9b3671b7fc85568.jpg

I just wanted something a little bigger and have heard nothing but good things about LC200N. 

I think he may have been thinking of the Snody design 210 Activator

It looks nice. The primary grind looks nice and tall, and paired with a .12" stock thickness I would have high hopes about it cutting well (provided the edge is thin). I wonder how well they do the heat treat on the LC200N.

I do wish that it didn't have a heel jutting out right behind the sharpening choil. Sharpen that edge down once time and all of the sudden a good portion of your edge by the heel doesn't contact along a cutting board because that heel will hit the board instead. This seems to be common in some fixed blade designs, though.

Ive been eyeing one of these as well. Just cant find where they are being made...

If you like that check out Andrew Jordan's raptor model. Its\was.a.production version. All his stuff is great. Just.Google the above n pics come up for it. Then try his site for other stuff to drool on!

Sharpen that edge down once time and all of the sudden a good portion of your edge by the heel doesn't contact along a cutting board because that heel will hit the board instead. This seems to be common in some fixed blade designs, though.

I have a similar concern with the finger guard on a lot of fixed blade designs (and I guess with the handle/blade design on some folders as well). Not a sharpening issue, but the design itself prevents you from laying the blade edge down flush with whatever you're cutting. Can't figure out what the reasoning behind this is.

There is a lot to like about this knife. Good size, hidden thong hole, generous handle, thumb grooves on spine. The only thing I don’t like is the protrusion marrenmiller marrenmiller mentioned, but it is easy to loose.

Filthyj24 Filthyj24 how is it holding up? Is it getting much use?

I also can’t find for certain what country it’s made in. If they were made in USA I would think they’d be making it obvious.

Last edited:
There is a lot to like about this knife. Good size, hidden thong hole, generous handle, thumb grooves on spine. The only thing I don’t like is the protrusion marrenmiller marrenmiller mentioned, but it is easy to loose.

Filthyj24 Filthyj24 how is it holding up? Is it getting much use?

I also can’t find for certain what country it’s made in. If they were made in USA I would think they’d be making it obvious.
Dug around and found this kind of buried on their site:

“Quiet Carry is a small everyday carry and outdoor tool brand. We are dedicated to making premium knives using premium materials with a focus on intricate details and product applications. We use premium materials that are sourced from Austria, Sweden, and the United States.

We manufacture parts in the country of Taiwan with multiple partnerships using only the best processes. Some processes are done in US such as finishes and heat treating...”

Last edited:
Back