1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Quiet Carry Current

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Filthyj24, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Filthyj24

Filthyj24

Jan 5, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I haven't been this into a knife since Benchmade unveiled the Altitude. 3 inches of LC200N in leather or kydex for $200. I currently have the black one in my cart but can't decide which sheath I want. I've always liked the big belly of the Hidden Canyon but thought it was a little too short. This may be replacing the Altitude as my EDC.

Rykjeklut likes this.
  2. js1badsti

js1badsti Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2015
    where are you ordering it from? I am interested in it

3. Filthyj24

Filthyj24

Jan 5, 2016
    Directly from their site. I went with the kydex. Function over form.

4. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Never heard of this one. Thanks for letting me/us know. Looks good.

Filthyj24 likes this.
  5. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Looks like a dandy slicer. BM used to have a small FB in D2 that was somewhat similar.

marrenmiller and Filthyj24 like this.
  6. Filthyj24

Filthyj24

Jan 5, 2016
    I think you're referring to the 15015 bone collector, essentially the Hidden Canyon except in D2 with different jimping and scales. Awesome knife. [​IMG]

I just wanted something a little bigger and have heard nothing but good things about LC200N. 

7. TimmyJ

TimmyJ

Dec 20, 2015

I think he may have been thinking of the Snody design 210 Activator

8. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    It looks nice. The primary grind looks nice and tall, and paired with a .12" stock thickness I would have high hopes about it cutting well (provided the edge is thin). I wonder how well they do the heat treat on the LC200N.

I do wish that it didn't have a heel jutting out right behind the sharpening choil. Sharpen that edge down once time and all of the sudden a good portion of your edge by the heel doesn't contact along a cutting board because that heel will hit the board instead. This seems to be common in some fixed blade designs, though.

9. Thorns

Thorns

Nov 22, 2016
    Ive been eyeing one of these as well. Just cant find where they are being made...

10. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    If you like that check out Andrew Jordan's raptor model. Its\was.a.production version. All his stuff is great. Just.Google the above n pics come up for it. Then try his site for other stuff to drool on!

11. bobobama

bobobama Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2017
    I have a similar concern with the finger guard on a lot of fixed blade designs (and I guess with the handle/blade design on some folders as well). Not a sharpening issue, but the design itself prevents you from laying the blade edge down flush with whatever you're cutting. Can't figure out what the reasoning behind this is.

marrenmiller likes this.