Quiet Carry Waypoint. Wow!

I've been looking for an upgrade to my 940 for a while now but haven't found something that I prefer.. until now.

I decided to order the Quiet Carry Waypoint after seeing several reviews. The Titanium handle is sold out as of this moment but the G10 is in stock, so I ordered the blue.

I also ordered a Small Sebenza 31 with the intention of keeping whichever I preferred, price not being a factor.
20210313-134440.jpg

I don't really want to make this a comparison thing but the Sebenza ended up being too small for me. It's hard to tell from the photo but the 940 & Waypoint are significantly larger. I can only get 3.5 fingers on the small Sebenza but 4 + a little extra on the 940 & Waypoint.

The Waypoint feels absolutely rock solid. Very, very impressive. It looks and feels like absolutely top tier construction, even when directly compared to the Sebenza.

Handle: I really, surprisingly like the G10. The color is excellent and it's a sweet spot for being grippy without feeling like a pocket killer. Feels surprisingly high quality.

Ergos: Are fantastic for me. Has a high quality feel and locks in the hand. Jimping is done perfectly, locks in without shredding skin. Really top notch. Feels similar but better compared to the 940.

Action: The action on this thing is perfect out of the box. It feels like an assisted knife when deployed, much closer to the mini barrage I had than the 940. Absolutely flies out of the handle and locks with authority. A little different action to deploy from the 940 (rather than an upward sweep it's more of a gentle flick straight outwards) but much more positive. Lockup is fantastic, glass smooth and very similar to the Sebenza. Blindfolded the only difference is the more distinct detent click on the Sebenza but the detent is still very positive on the Waypoint.

Blade: 10/10 what a blade. Grind looks exceptional, knife came razor sharp. The stonewash is very nicely done. The blade is worth the price of admission alone.

Quality: Ridiculously high. Everything feels exceptionally well put together and it's by far the best tuned knife out of box that I've seen. Action is perfect out of box, blade is dead center, no lock stick, hair shaving sharp.

Carry; Deep carry wire clip? Perfect.

Conclusion: Exeptionally great knife. Some people won't like that it's put together in Taiwan, some people might scoff at a liner lock.. but I doubt anyone that handles this knife will find much in the way of flaws.

I was planning on getting the Titanium version when it comes back in stock but I really like the G10. If you've been waiting for the Titanium I'd recommend giving the G10 a go.

It's expensive but you're getting a super steel, an ideal EDC size (really carries/handles like a premium 940), and (if mine is a good example) fantastic quality.

I know this doesn't have a lot of negatives but I haven't really found much. Order one.

*update* I'd strongly recommend the Titanium version over the G10. The G10 just feels a bit off with full metal liners and a thin G10 scale tacked on top. It makes for a weird feel in hand and not ideal for longer use. It doesn't appear that the Titanium handles have the same problem.

Last edited:
Nice write up. I've added Quiet Carry to my short list. What's the blade steel by the way?

Looks like a great folder. Can you show a pic of the liner lock?

Blade steel is Vanax Superclean. First knife I've had with it and haven't used it enough to give a verdict, but it's usually considered one of the premiere super steels and Quiet Carry seems to be using the ideal heat treat on it. I remain impressed by the factory edge.

I'll post a photo of the liner lock when I get home but it's either 50% or a touch over.
20210321-122358.jpg

LhCLzZJ1

A couple more thoughts now that I've used it more;

-I would prefer the Titanium scales and will buy one once they come in stock. The G10 does look & feel nice but it seems kind of odd with the rest of the knife and not as premium as Titanium.

-Some reviewers of earlier models mentioned a weak detent, mine has the opposite. The detent is a bit stronger than I'd like but it's definitely rock solid. Just a bit rough on the thumb for deployment.

-The ergos are fine but not amazing. It's about as good as I think you'll get with such a thin handle but not perfect. Very similar to the 940-1 I had. I wonder if the Titanium handles add any thickness.

-The thing is a freaking laser beam even with
just" the factory edge.

-I can't imagine another knife that disappears more in pocket and the wire clip has been just flawless as expected.

Really, it's a very similar knife to the 940. It trades robustness for slicing and feels much more premium (the deployment & lockup is just classes better than the 940) but otherwise has quite the similar profile for both carrying & use. It's not a cheap knife but compared to great knives like the 940, the PM2, etc.. it also looks & feels much, much more expensive. Not quite Sebenza level but closer to a Sebenza than it is to a 940. So it's hard not to feel like it's priced fairly.

Last edited:
You got the same one I did!! Congrats, the G10 is a much better option for me since I drop mine all the time and take it outdoors...titanium would just make me sad.

It's very smooth, quiet, like a more refined Rat2 in terms of action (on washers). I recently gutted and cleaned a couple of trouts with mine, worked absolutely great...a little wash in river water and it's good to go with 0 impact to action.

The company on the other hand, had some negative review I saw online so I was slightly skeptical but decided to pull the trigger (I mean, where else are you gonna get awesome Vanax in an affordable price?). My personal experience with them is positive, they ship quick but slow to tell you they shipped lol (from Cali I think).

Anyway, would recommend!

Back