Racing LC

nandok

Gold Member
"thin" (do we have numbers for this?), 15dps... How fragile will it be? Nathan, what uses do you see for it? Can it hold its own against a pile of coconuts??? :confused: the excitement is mounting :cool:

I don't know how it would do against coconuts, I've never really done that before.

I like them this way because they cut with less effort. I have back problems sometimes and I don't need to be wailing away at stuff around the yard. I believe that slow is smooth and smooth is fast. You'd be surprised how slowly I swing a knife when I'm working around the house, half the cut is in the wrist as if I were snapping a whip. These slow deliberate cuts don't beat up on a knife quite as bad as mindless thrashing so the knife can be thinner. And the thinner knife can make a cut with less motion. I'll shoot some video of cutting a bendy drinking straw and you'll get the idea. *BINK* two straws.

Anyways, I like these thin sharp knives. But, you can bend the bevel with a hard ill placed strike. Also, an edge at 15DPS will take much more damage than 20 DPS if you hit a piece of wire in a tree or clack it against a rock.

I got the term "racing knife" from Dan. He has thicker knives he lets students train with, but in a competition his racing knife is actually extremely thin. I would probably damage his competition knife in a 2X4 cut because my form isn't the cleanest, but he hits with a lot of control.

I'll include some dimensional numbers in the sale after I finish building them. I plan to sharpen them tomorrow.

The regular Light Chopper is already very thin. These "racing knives" are pushing the limit and are not general purpose and not for everybody.

Last edited:
not me, lol!

Justin, you will love it. Bring on Sebenza!

Back