Radiation treatment starts October 19th

Hey guys I’d really appreciate your prayers as a start approximately 6 weeks of radiation to beat this early stage type 1 cancer on my true vocal cords. The treatment should take about 2 minutes total each day, 15 minutes in and out and the worse part is leaving at 5:30 A.M. driving 60 miles 1 way, arriving for 7 am treatment and driving back to work by 8:30-9 to work 5 days a week. Plus I drive on a rural mail route. Bottom line is I hate driving but I’m gonna beat this! Praying for strength!
Thank you all for your support!
George

I'd be looking for a place closer. That's insane. Seems like the different doctor groups like to stay in the same group for their money. A different group might have that treatment closer to home.
Prayers up, you can beat this, not sure about the commuting abuse, that might take me out.

Good luck. Are the mixing chemo in too or just radiation?

Look at the drive time as relaxation time to yourself.

There will probably be side effects that only manifest weeks after the treatment is done so be aware. Most of them will go away with time.

George, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I was showing off my Giant AKB to couple fellas today and totally credited "my forum friend, George" with its existence.

"You could cut off a man's head with that thing!" was the reaction. :D

Deja Vu, George. I know exactly what you be doing. Good luck to you and I hope your treatment is successful. Smoke & a prayer up.

Thank you each and everyone. First treatment down about 28 more to go!
Hope today wasn't too terrible, George.

Positive vibes for ya!
Thanks Kiteman it went very well. It could start effecting more into the 3-4 week. But I’m really trying to stay positive. Thanks for asking.
Btw when you get your Farm AK give me some feedback.
Thanks

Thank you each and everyone. First treatment down about 28 more to go!

Thanks Kiteman it went very well. It could start effecting more into the 3-4 week. But I’m really trying to stay positive. Thanks for asking.
Btw when you get your Farm AK give me some feedback.
Thanks
I will, and you're welcome!

Did you see that new one (Farm AK) Ms. Yangdu posted last night?? :D

I will, and you're welcome!

Did you see that new one (Farm AK) Ms. Yangdu posted last night?? :D
Yes I did. I’m the reason these were made. I emailed Ms Yangdu and asked if she could have a Farm Knife made with an AK edge? She thought it was a good idea but asked if I’d send a drawing. Because I didn’t send a photo conveying the message from English to Nepal ended up an AK with a farm Knife finish

Yes I did. I’m the reason these were made. I emailed Ms Yangdu and asked if she could have a Farm Knife made with an AK edge? She thought it was a good idea but asked if I’d send a drawing. Because I didn’t send a photo conveying the message from English to Nepal ended up an AK with a farm Knife finish
Well, it's a fantastic idea and I'm excited to try it out.

Have I bought the first one? If so, consider me extra stoked.

Well, it's a fantastic idea and I'm excited to try it out.

Have I bought the first one? If so, consider me extra stoked.
It’s definitely the first one ever created! I couldn’t buy right now with all the medical bills coming. I’ll get one eventually! Give me feedback sir!

Hey guys I’d really appreciate your prayers as a start approximately 6 weeks of radiation to beat this early stage type 1 cancer on my true vocal cords. The treatment should take about 2 minutes total each day, 15 minutes in and out and the worse part is leaving at 5:30 A.M. driving 60 miles 1 way, arriving for 7 am treatment and driving back to work by 8:30-9 to work 5 days a week. Plus I drive on a rural mail route. Bottom line is I hate driving but I’m gonna beat this! Praying for strength!
Thank you all for your support!
George
Good luck!

I just went through all that for a stage 3 Cancer. Including driving 60 miles in the morning to deal with the radiation treatments on the way to work.

Keep reminding yourself that it will be over soon.

n2s

It’s definitely the first one ever created! I couldn’t buy right now with all the medical bills coming. I’ll get one eventually! Give me feedback sir!
I can be prone to impulsive decisions, and I decided to wait on the Farm AK for a few weeks to see if I was still wanting it a month later.

I'm glad nobody else sharked it! I can't wait to check out the horn handle. I should also note that mine will be longer and heavier than the one just listed. :D

Catching it early gives you the best chances for success.
You will beat this.
I look forward to many more years of reading your posts!

Back