1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Radiation treatment starts October 19th

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by George Azar, Oct 18, 2020.

1. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Hey brother did you get your tattoos yet?? I call them my marks of courage! If not you will get three on your neck and three on your chest, they are very small dots, but that’s what they use to line ya up on the machine. You should get a really cool face mask as well. Unless it changed since I did mine. I can tell you a positive mind set is critical, every day I went for treatment I would see some other people there and say to myself, man I’m not that bad off if you think about it, the cure rate for our cancer is amazingly high. Stay strong brother if you want or need any info please hit me up here or email me and I will gladly give you what I know and what to expect, I don’t want to clutter your thread with too much.
    Smoke and prayers brother!
    Pugs

George Azar likes this.
  2. George Azar

George Azar Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2017
    Yep pugs I’ve got my tattoos and I call my mask my Future “Mission Impossible” mask where we can use it to make molds of my face, put them on several friends and confuse the public! Hahaha. I’ll probably private message you! Thanks my friend!

3. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Lol yeah the mask is an exact copy of your face, I kept mine as a reminder of how much family and friends mean to me. It has since fell apart but all good. Hang in brother we’re all here for ya!!!!

George Azar likes this.
  4. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Thanks man, you guys have been the greatest!! Blessings

5. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    George, Wishing you the skill and motivation to extract what is needed from these challenging experiences.

George Azar likes this.
  6. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Smoke on-going.

Be gentle with yourself.

George Azar likes this.
  7. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Hope the treatments continue to go well! :):thumbsup:

My hunting buddy was totally impressed with the Farm AK!

George Azar likes this.
  8. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Thanks Kiteman. 6 more to go after today! Black Friday is my last treatment! I saw my oncologist last Thursday and he said it’s looking great like it’s supposed to about now. Come back in 6 weeks after it has some time to heal for another exam!
    Thanks for the continued prayers everyone!

Kiteman72 likes this.
  9. Kismet

Kismet Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 30, 2002
    And that's what we've all being wishing/praying/hoping for.

Thank you for your courage, George. It helps every one.

Kiteman72 and George Azar like this.
  10. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Thank you sir! You guys have been a great support team and definitely a chapter in my life!

Kiteman72 likes this.
  11. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Here’s an update on my radiation treatment! I FINISHED MY LAST TREATMENT YESTERDAY!!!!
    I want to thank everyone for your continued prayers and support! Side effects have been minimal so far! My energy level has maintained a good level and I owe that to a plant based diet that I put myself on at least 3 months before I started the treatments. I feel really great under the circumstances. And I’m so ready to be a lurking shark again in the waters of HI!! Hahaha
    Anyway thank you all for your support guys!!

12. pugs75

Oct 21, 2009
    Was just thinking of you brother, and thrilled your done!!!!!!!!!!! You shouldn’t have any further side effects other than getting better. I’m very happy you had mild side effects, and glad we could help keep your spirits up through this journey. The proper mind set is key and you battled through like a champ. Enjoy a nice large glass of wine, as I will this evening in your honor!

George Azar likes this.
  13. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Fantastic news, George!
    I was just thinking of you as I used my Farm AK today! Man, what a beast!

I hope you continue to feel better. :thumbsup:

George Azar likes this.
  14. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Wow! I see I missed a lot of great deals, but as Arnold’s famous line is, “I’ll be back”! Happy to see the Kamis are able to continue shipping during covid! I know it’s been hard on them!

Kiteman72 likes this.
  15. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Good to hear George! Stay positive, the worst is over. You can handle anything else, after this trial.

George Azar likes this.
  16. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    Good to hear! Take care and enjoy the view.

George Azar likes this.
  17. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    It's good to have you back, George, and great that you are done with the treatment.

George Azar likes this.
  18. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    Thanks guys. I’m glad to be back!

19. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Sorry to hear your bought with this but really glad you are looking forward and doing well! Keep us updated and best wishes! Love ya brother!

20. George Azar

Apr 18, 2017
    An update on radiation therapy.
    I went for a follow up to my oncologist yesterday and and he said he didn’t see anything malignant and it’s still in the healing process. CANCER FREE!
    As far as my quality of voice it can take 6 months to a year for it to stabilize and depending on the scaring from the dead cancer will determine my voice quality! Before my surgery I told my oncologist I paid at the check-in at the hospital for the deluxe upgrade vocal package for the Michael McDonald voice. This may only be understood by a few of you which depends on your age.:cool: My wife would be so happy if that occurred! Anyway thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts, smoke up, and support!
    Merry Christmas and God Bless!