1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Radiused on buck 110 handle

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by ZRXRICH, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Another example of a shallow gene pool.

Seemed ok at the time. Now look at whats come from it.

st8yd, jbmonkey and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  2. Lesknife

Lesknife Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I remember those square bolstered 110s back in the day and thinking I’d rather have the corners rounded off. I’m glad they did put a radius on them, not only looks better but a lot more comfortable to use. I’ve never liked sharp corners, they wear holes in pockets or sheath and can be a hot spot when used for a long period of time so when I get a knife that does have sharp corners I round them off. The only part I want sharp is the cutting edge!

3. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    One that has been semi-recent is the Cabela's Alaskan Guide version. Those seem to be more squared off than the standard 110's. I'm not sure about the stag version, but my rosewood definitely isn't as radiused. I almost drooled on myself thinking about the stag AG.....

4. J Hubbard

J Hubbard Moderator Moderator

Mar 29, 2001
    Not that simple to have a non radiused/440C version. For some reason the ones with the radiused bolsters are still our # 1 selling knife for the last 50+ years. But thanks for demeaning and degrading our people for being too stupid to realize anything. Consider this your only warning for not keeping a civil tone.

5. J Hubbard

J Hubbard Moderator Moderator

Mar 29, 2001
    THis comes from the varition in the hand sanding and blending. Some do come out more square than others depending on a # of factors.

Makael, jbmonkey, onionfan and 2 others like this.
  6. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    I'm glad the one I have is a little more squared off. I didn't know if it was to get more of an "old school" feel to it. I wish the 112 was part of the AG line up :thumbsup:

bucksway, drei3ree and onionfan like this.
  7. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Makael and jbmonkey like this.
  8. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Well said.

sassafrassdogs3 and jbmonkey like this.
  9. drei3ree

drei3ree Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I love the 110's in any shape or form. However, the square frame heavy/fat old 110 2-dot (the 4-pins are the coolest) is my favorite to hold and use! It just feels great in-hand. As far as the best looking 110's; I'd have to go with the Alaskan Guide, maybe, there's so many! Oh, and that 50th "No Buck" blade stamp, so cool...

10. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    On the 112's you see transitional variations..Hand ,machined and front radiused and square frame lockbar. Toss in factory finger grooves and 2 and 3 dot blades there is quite a number of odd ones. Stag 112's have slightly different rules. If your into that I have only seen one 2 dot Stag finger grooved front radiused only. It sold for over $300.00 so someone knew it was odd..110's probably have similar rarities.

11. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I was a 79 •110• user for a long time but acquired a ••110•• FG and its wonderful.
    I find the older bolsters are what i collect and the newer ones are for using at least in my collection. I really only collect older used ones that need a clean up. The older new in box are usually more than i want to spend.
    I also carry a newer 112FG 80% of the time.
    The finger grooves on the 112 really act like jimping With my large hands. ;)
    Daven

drei3ree and jbmonkey like this.